[posila] [0.18.1] Migration of loader to loader-1x1 does not preserve loader_type

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
Therax
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

[posila] [0.18.1] Migration of loader to loader-1x1 does not preserve loader_type

Post by Therax »

As in the title. Observe the cluster of miniloaders on the left. Each one is in "input" mode, with the belt on the outside of the cluster. Above the Load Game dialogue you can see the actual state after loading into 0.18.1: the loaders are now in "output" mode, with the same direction, with the result that the belts are now all on the inside of the cluster.
loader-migration.png
loader-migration.png (164.27 KiB) Viewed 6474 times
Miniloader — UPS-friendly 1x1 loaders
Bulk Rail Loaders — Rapid train loading and unloading
Beltlayer & Pipelayer — Route items and fluids freely underground

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.18.1] Migration of loader to loader-1x1 does not preserve loader_type

Post by Rseding91 »

Thanks for the report however none of the migrations preserve those kinds of things. Migrations are destructive and I recommend you just don't migrate entities across types.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Therax
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [0.18.1] Migration of loader to loader-1x1 does not preserve loader_type

Post by Therax »

darkfrei wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 6:23 am
You can use adaptive automatic rotation loader's code from https://mods.factorio.com/mod/LoadersAutorotation
Thanks. Miniloaders already has code to snap to adjacent belts which I can trigger during on_configuration_changed as a workaround if Wube decides not to change this behavior.
Miniloader — UPS-friendly 1x1 loaders
Bulk Rail Loaders — Rapid train loading and unloading
Beltlayer & Pipelayer — Route items and fluids freely underground

posila
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [posila] [0.18.1] Migration of loader to loader-1x1 does not preserve loader_type

Post by posila »

I think migrating between loader and loader-1x1 is a special case and deserves special treatment.
Fixed for 0.18.2 (thanks mspielberg for the fix)

billbo99
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [posila] [0.18.1] Migration of loader to loader-1x1 does not preserve loader_type

Post by billbo99 »

I have been working on deadlock loaders to get them to work, 0.18.2 appears to fix the direction of the loaders, but getting some oddness still
Screenshot_1.png
Screenshot_1.png (1.64 MiB) Viewed 6192 times
-- the red box shows the belts on the output not joining to their next section correctly
-- the green box shows the loaders are not putting the items into the box they are getting from the spitters

Updated mod and save file from (0.17) attached if it helps.
Attachments
deadlock_test_0.17_save.zip
(1.64 MiB) Downloaded 147 times
deadlock-beltboxes-loaders_2.3.0.zip
(928.96 KiB) Downloaded 156 times

shanemadden
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by shanemadden »

Thanks for the quick update in 0.18.3! Unfortunately I'm still seeing some cases in migrated saves of stuck transport lines when they end at a 1x1 loader - let me know if an affected save is helpful.

posila
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by posila »

Is that 0.17 save loaded in 0.18.3? Or was it already resaved in previous 0.18 version?

shanemadden
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by shanemadden »

posila wrote:
Thu Jan 30, 2020 9:18 pm
Is that 0.17 save loaded in 0.18.3? Or was it already resaved in previous 0.18 version?
Migrated to 0.18 for the first time as I was testing billbo99's updated version of Deadlock's 1x1 loaders.

posila
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by posila »

Do you still have 0.17 save? I don't wanna try to fix 0.18.0 - 0.18.2 saves (that's a risk of playing early experimental releases, sorry). It should start working if you "suck up" front items of the stopped lines.

shanemadden
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by shanemadden »

posila wrote:
Fri Jan 31, 2020 7:42 am
Do you still have 0.17 save? I don't wanna try to fix 0.18.0 - 0.18.2 saves (that's a risk of playing early experimental releases, sorry). It should start working if you "suck up" front items of the stopped lines.
Yeah - unfortunately the one I'm seeing the repro on is a random backup of a friend's multiplayer game so it's a 25MB, sorry about the size and sprawl but attached :(

I don't recall if your character starts where I saved or at the origin - the clogged loaders are just a few steps southwest of where I saved, straight east from 0,0.

Thanks for looking at this - if it ends up being too much hassle to get the migration to cover all edge cases, I'm not going to stress about it too much. While you're in there, a second issue that users are reporting with the migration is that if the old loader had a filter set, it's lost during the migration - I can make a new thread for that if you'd prefer.

Edit: file too big to upload, here's a link https://www.dropbox.com/s/vctlyehtdd18q ... 2.zip?dl=0

posila
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by posila »

Migrating from 0.17.79 should now be fixed once and for all (even without item loss unless entities get removed).

If you migrate 0.17.79 in a way that results in loaders being removed (meaning without mod the added them), you will lose items on entire transport line that goes from/leads to loader, and the transport line might end up in deactivated state. I decided I don't care about this, as removal of entities generally means you have to fix stuff anyway.

Migrating 0.18.4 saves to future versions, should work normally. You don't lose entire transport line worth of items when loader is removed, etc.

Shall anyone decide migrating loader-1x1 back to loader, that will cause issues but I don't see need for it to be supported. (Migrating normal loader to 1x1 should happen to be fine, but probably not a good idea either)

shanemadden
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by shanemadden »

posila wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 3:15 pm
Migrating from 0.17.79 should now be fixed once and for all (even without item loss unless entities get removed).

If you migrate 0.17.79 in a way that results in loaders being removed (meaning without mod the added them), you will lose items on entire transport line that goes from/leads to loader, and the transport line might end up in deactivated state. I decided I don't care about this, as removal of entities generally means you have to fix stuff anyway.

Migrating 0.18.4 saves to future versions, should work normally. You don't lose entire transport line worth of items when loader is removed, etc.

Shall anyone decide migrating loader-1x1 back to loader, that will cause issues but I don't see need for it to be supported. (Migrating normal loader to 1x1 should happen to be fine, but probably not a good idea either)
Thanks so much!

I'm guessing based on the fact that 0.17.79 is specifically needed, that 0.16 is most definitely out? I've still got some gnarly stuff in there to support saved games migrating from 0.16 to 0.17; if 0.17 is a required intermediate step for someone bringing a 0.16 game to 0.18 then it sounds like can avoid updating the bridge migration mods for 0.18. :)

posila
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by posila »

Sorry for phrasing it poorly. I actually meant saves from 0.17.79 and older versions, not just 0.17.79.

shanemadden
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by shanemadden »

posila wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 6:35 pm
Sorry for phrasing it poorly. I actually meant saves from 0.17.79 and older versions, not just 0.17.79.
Gotcha, thanks - in that case, maybe I'll plan on keeping that migration path alive for 0.18 (assuming it ends up working ;) )

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”