[0.17.76] Info in Crafting Menu Tooltip for Fluid-powered Boiler does not include Efficiency Calculation

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
Adamo
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

[0.17.76] Info in Crafting Menu Tooltip for Fluid-powered Boiler does not include Efficiency Calculation

Post by Adamo »

When one mouses over the gas-fired boiler entity from my gas-boiler mod, or, I assume, any other fluid-powered boiler, the tooltip includes the correct efficiency and the efficiency-based total power usage of the entity. Same with the vanilla boiler, fuel-powered. In the crafting menu, the vanilla boiler tooltip still includes the efficiency calculation, but the gas-boiler tooltip does not.

Neither of these things would be evident in the vanilla game, but one can see them by using these small mods, and then comparing the gas-boiler and vanilla boiler tooltips:
https://mods.factorio.com/mod/gas-boiler
https://mods.factorio.com/mod/adamo-physics

Thanks!

TruePikachu
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [0.17.76] Info in Crafting Menu Tooltip for Fluid-powered Boiler does not include Efficiency Calculation

Post by TruePikachu »

Well, I might mention that the `energy_source` for the vanilla entity `boiler` is `type="burner"` and has `effectivity=1` in its definition, while the `gas-boiler` from the first linked mod uses `type="fluid"` and doesn't specify `effectivity`.

Adamo
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [0.17.76] Info in Crafting Menu Tooltip for Fluid-powered Boiler does not include Efficiency Calculation

Post by Adamo »

TruePikachu wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:59 am
Well, I might mention that the `energy_source` for the vanilla entity `boiler` is `type="burner"` and has `effectivity=1` in its definition, while the `gas-boiler` from the first linked mod uses `type="fluid"` and doesn't specify `effectivity`.
The efficiencies will be applied if you also use the adamo-physics mod I posted in the original message. They will both be set to 0.85.

TruePikachu
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by TruePikachu »

I stand corrected, looking at the final-fixes from that mod.

The different energy source is likely still relevant, however; the tooltip might not be implemented for fluid consumers.

Adamo
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Adamo »

TruePikachu wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:36 am
The different energy source is likely still relevant, however; the tooltip might not be implemented for fluid consumers.
I suspect this is what is causing the bug, yes.

Klonan
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Klonan »

So, is there a bug or not? Can you attach some screenshots showing the problem?

Adamo
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Adamo »

Klonan wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 3:24 pm
So, is there a bug or not? Can you attach some screenshots showing the problem?
There is a bug, yes, which is exactly as I've described. It will be easily seen if someone uses those two mods, or any other mod that has a fluid-powered entity with an effectivity setting, since that efficiency won't be shown in the crafting menu tooltip. I'll send a screenshot next time I can get into the game, but that won't be until next week. I wouldn't bring this up on trivial notions. It's there.

Bilka
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Bilka »

Thanks for the report, fixed for the next version.
I'm an admin over at https://wiki.factorio.com. Feel free to contact me if there's anything wrong (or right) with it.

Adamo
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Adamo »

Bilka wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 3:13 pm
Thanks for the report, fixed for the next version.
Cheers! Sorry I forgot to come back to give a screenshot. This report happened right before I moved about 1000 kilometers. :)

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”