[0.17.69] Game hangs in ArtilleryTurret::update()

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
djpadbit
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[0.17.69] Game hangs in ArtilleryTurret::update()

Post by djpadbit »

A while ago on version 0.17.4 then updated to 0.17.59, after i had finished the game with a friend on a server, i decided to have a bit of fun and cheated some artillery turrets and upgraded the infinite technology to about level 20970 so that the artillery would attack everything and that bots would move instantly.
And now after coming back to play Factorio again on the new stable 0.17.69, i loaded the save back up (it was an autosave, i don't know if it changes anything) and after about 1 to 2 minutes the game just hangs when i expected it to not. I don't remember if it also happened on the older versions.

From what i saw in all the threads backtraces, most of the threads except a couple (pulseaudio and some allegro threads) were waiting on a mutex or a condition in __pthread_cond_wait() and only one was running in ArtilleryTurret::update() so i figured that it was the culprit of the hanging. I put the thread backtrace in the attachements. I don't know if i was right but i hope it helps a little.

I've also added the log to the attachements and the save is on google drive here
Attachments
backtrace.txt
The threads backtraces
(16.46 KiB) Downloaded 132 times
factorio-current.log
Factorio's log
(4.35 KiB) Downloaded 108 times

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.17.69] Game hangs in ArtilleryTurret::update()

Post by Rseding91 »

Thanks for the report. It's now fixed for the next version of 0.17.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”