[0.17.66] left clicking to drop items into inventory builds them instead

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
MenacingBanjo
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[0.17.66] left clicking to drop items into inventory builds them instead

Post by MenacingBanjo »

Hi there,
I recently opted into the latest experimental version of the game, which is 0.17.66.
I like the new UI except for one thing. Whenever I use the left mouse button to drop an item or stack of items into my inventory, the game thinks I'm using the left mouse button to build the item instead. It builds the item on the ground "behind" the inventory window. The same thing happens if I use the left mouse button to add an item to my hotbar. It builds the item and does not add it to my hotbar.

Here's my workaround. The game does successfully allow me to drop items into my inventory or add items to my hotbar ONLY IF the item is not allowed to be built on the ground behind the window. In this case, it still gives me an error in the form of flying text saying I'm not allowed to build.
Another possible workaround would be to change my controls so that the left mouse button is not bound to both "build" and "pick up/drop item stack". But the default controls bind the left mouse button to both functions. So this is definitely a bug.

See this video for a demonstration: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KB-WuIez_C0
Here is a pastebin of my log after I closed the game: https://pastebin.com/PRJx1a5x

Thanks in advance for your help.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.17.66] left clicking to drop items into inventory builds them instead

Post by Rseding91 »

Thanks for the report however I can't reproduce what you're seeing. Can you please try going into the control settings (settings -> controls) and clicking the "reset" button?
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

MenacingBanjo
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: [0.17.66] left clicking to drop items into inventory builds them instead

Post by MenacingBanjo »

Thanks for the reply. All my controls were at the default values; so I couldn't press the reset button. It was grayed out. I went ahead and changed one random control, then pressed the reset button, and now it works. Thank you for your help.

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”