[Oxyd] [0.17.66] Biters Standing Around, Not Attacking (generally after being artilleried)

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
Gunter.
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[Oxyd] [0.17.66] Biters Standing Around, Not Attacking (generally after being artilleried)

Post by Gunter. »

Playing with minimal mods, however none should interact with the biters.
RSO was originally turned on in the save but was removed before the affected chunks were generated.

Basically, when the biters are attacked at long range with artillery they run to the wall and most of them die to the turrets, however there are random amounts that end up sitting there.They are targeting the laser turrets (see below) but sit ever so slightly out of range. I feel like they are just getting stuck on other biters and then giving up on the pathing.

Save file: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1nig8RF ... sp=sharing
Check the map for the "Biters sitting around" markers they are around various points of the main base and outposts outside the walls.

Gunter.
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [0.17.66] Biters Standing Around, Not Attacking (generally after being artilleried)

Post by Gunter. »

Let the game run overnight and there are many many more biters standing around, let me know if you guys want the current save file.

warnost
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: [Oxyd] [0.17.66] Biters Standing Around, Not Attacking (generally after being artilleried)

Post by warnost »

I am also experiencing this bug on 0.17.69 Image. I can provide the save if that is useful

planetmaker
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [Oxyd] [0.17.66] Biters Standing Around, Not Attacking (generally after being artilleried)

Post by planetmaker »

I see that, too. But distance to the wall does not seem to be the most important factor.
Mine are taking an extended nap a bit further away - until I need to move them due to extension of the base.

MasterBuilder
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by MasterBuilder »

I saw a lot of these gathering too. But in my case it happened without any artillery at all, hadn't built any yet.

The only correlation I can find is they seem to get stuck more when the factory they're heading for is idle and not actively producing any pollution; but I'm probably imagining it.

(On 0.17.69)
Give a man fire and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Oxyd
Former Staff
Former Staff

Post by Oxyd »

Thanks, should be fixed in 0.17.70.

Gunt0r
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Gunt0r »

Just installed 0.17.70, biters are still getting stuck during an attack wave. (savegame is from 0.17.69, but should be irrelevant, no?)

Klonan
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Klonan »

Gunt0r wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:51 pm
Just installed 0.17.70, biters are still getting stuck during an attack wave. (savegame is from 0.17.69, but should be irrelevant, no?)
Do you have any mods?
Are they stuck from before the update, or did they get themselves freshly stuck?
Can you provide a save game?

Gunt0r
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Gunt0r »

savegame is attached. they got stuck ~20min after the update.

fun new info: in the map view, i see 2 biters just sitting there, near 3 radars in the north.
but as soon as i run up there by myself, they continue to attack my defenseline, which i can barely observe on the minimap.

i am using a number of mods, yes - ribbonmaze, extended plus, picker, warehouse and some other "small" ones. nothing like bobs/angels though, and nothing that should interfere with the biters AI.
Attachments
biter-stuck.zip
(4.84 MiB) Downloaded 104 times

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”