[0.17.54] Crash on loading save in illegal state.

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
Stevetrov
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

[0.17.54] Crash on loading save in illegal state.

Post by Stevetrov »

What happens
The game aborts when I try to load the save I created when playing around with this bug, this was the bug where trains could pass straight thru each other.

The reported error is: Error RailBlock.cpp:82: Block reserved by two different trains at the same time. (which makes complete sense!)

Full Log: https://pastebin.com/Aq3L62kD
Savefile: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1oB0mg ... lZrqeiGeSN

What did happen
Game crash

What did I expect to happen,
I was curious to see how the game would handle this situation so I wasn't sure what to expect.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.17.54] Crash on loading save in illegal state.

Post by Rseding91 »

Thanks for the report however I'm not sure what you'd expect to happen from the game - if a corrupt state is detected it's a corrupt state.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Stevetrov
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Stevetrov »

> I'm not sure what you'd expect to happen from the game - if a corrupt state is detected it's a corrupt state.

Well in an ideal world I would expect the game to migrate into a valid state as it does currently for loading old versions. Even removing the offending trains would be preferable to a crash. Afterall this save was generated without hacking save files, using mods or console commands.

However, this is such a tiny edge case that I doubt it is worth the effort to fix it. But ultimately that decision is up to you guys.

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

Stevetrov wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:25 am
> I'm not sure what you'd expect to happen from the game - if a corrupt state is detected it's a corrupt state.

Well in an ideal world I would expect the game to migrate into a valid state as it does currently for loading old versions. Even removing the offending trains would be preferable to a crash. Afterall this save was generated without hacking save files, using mods or console commands.

However, this is such a tiny edge case that I doubt it is worth the effort to fix it. But ultimately that decision is up to you guys.
The edge case is actually doing something that was possible to create only in the previous versions and is not possible now. So it probably shouldn't happen in the future. As long as you have backup of your save, it is not worth fixing.

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

Actually, since I'm fixing different kind of issue of this kind, I need to make a migration for it, so it will be fixed for the next release.

Stevetrov
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Stevetrov »

Awesome job!

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”