[posila] [0.17.47] On Mac - graphics - icons missing

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
OliB150
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [0.17.47] On Mac - graphics - icons missing

Post by OliB150 »

foxtrot wrote:
Sat Jun 08, 2019 1:20 pm
Not certain it will work for everyone; but the following config change has fixed this issue for me:

Code: Select all

[graphics]
runtime-sprite-reload=true
(although, seems to have negatively affected performance — quite considerably)
Just tried this, but it seems to revert to false automatically when loading Factorio.

OliB150
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by OliB150 »

TheBloke wrote:
Sat Jun 08, 2019 12:42 pm
OliB150 wrote:
Sat Jun 08, 2019 10:52 am
I can't find a factorio folder in (MacHD)/Library/Application Support/ so can't provide a log :(
It'll be under your own home folder, eg /Users/<username>/Library/Application Support/factorio.
Thank you for the assistance; I did try looking around different folders before posting that, but couldn't see anything. I've since found the folders were hidden, so now I've revealed them I can provide it. It is attached below.
factorio-current.log
(8.55 KiB) Downloaded 96 times

I have also tweaked the Interface settings to 125% scale and it all seems to have come back, but the belt items still become transparent when zooming out.

DavidKaiser
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by DavidKaiser »

I have the same issue now with the current version 0.17.47 (build 45537 mac, alpha) on my MacBook Pro (2018).

- Items on the belt get transparent and are not visible once you zoom out to a certain level.
- Icons on the assemblers are getting transparent and disappear while zooming out.
- the game menues are also not shown correctly, in particular the tech option menues.

- However, only the NEW coal, copper and stone belts are shown correctly, which is interesting
Hope you will find a fix for this issue.
pics

bluegin
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by bluegin »

@posila I'm running on macOS 10.14.4. I've attached my log for .47 game. Cheers!

factorio-current.log
(4.02 KiB) Downloaded 112 times

Rinadeithe
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Textures/Sprites not showing.

Post by Rinadeithe »

Some textures disappear when I zoom out of the map. All materials except iron and coal ore. (is coal even an ore?)
No log
This bug was triggered by updating the game to the latest (unstable) version.

I checked the "fixed for next version" section. I have not looked further than that. I am sorry if someone else has posted this before me.

I run factorio on a MacBook Pro version 10.14.3 Mojave.

Salazair
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Salazair »

Im having this issue as well and nothing i have done has fixed it and im on mac version 10.13. Help plz?
And all my icons are gone in menus and gameplay in all zooms

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

From talking to Posila about this the issue is something broken on Mac graphics drivers. We don't do anything special for Windows vs Linux vs Mac when it comes to the icons (that I know of) however Mac decided that it just doesn't want to work correctly with the icons.

The issue (as it was described to me): generated mipmaps in video textures get wiped when we update some sub-region of the texture (adding a new icon into the texture). This works perfectly fine on Windows and on Linux so what ever is triggering it is Mac specific.

Trying to get Apple to fix their drivers is never going to happen (unless one of you reading this happens to be the ones who work on them). Posila was talking about working around the broken Mac drivers however I have no idea if that will work or what's even involved with that.

To summarize: Apple drivers suck. No, they aren't going to fix it because they just don't care and we have to figure out how to work around them.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

DavidKaiser
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by DavidKaiser »

Well, might be that it is Mac specific. But why are the new graphics for coal, iron and copper ore working properly, but the rest (iron plates, steel plates, green and red circuits) get transparent when zooming out, until the belt appears to be empty) not?

I'm not a programmer, but this is strange, isn't it?
Last edited by DavidKaiser on Sun Jun 09, 2019 10:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Salazair
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Salazair »

well for me the icons for things in the "E" menu works, its only the one there on the main screen and the menus, see my post for reference

burisk
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by burisk »

+1 same issue here.
Macbook Pro 15" Mid 2015, i7, Intel Iris Pro 1536 MB
no log

domioanna
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by domioanna »

Increasing Interface > UI Scale to 125% fixes the UI issues, however there is still an issue with the icons not showing when you zoom out in game

posila
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by posila »

Thanks for all the reports.
It should be fixed for 0.17.48

bluegin
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by bluegin »

:o you are genius! Thank you <3

DavidKaiser
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by DavidKaiser »

posila wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 7:18 pm
Thanks for all the reports.
It should be fixed for 0.17.48
Yes thank you for caring for us Mac Users, there are not many games for us. And Factorio is more than a game for me. I studied economics in Switzerland and worked many years as a consultant for clients. I think all the students should be introduced to this this to get a feeling for production chains. BTW, the new graphics for the ores look amazing, almost spooky how they move on the belts without anything falling out of it.

OliB150
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [posila] [0.17.47] On Mac - graphics - icons missing

Post by OliB150 »

Glad to hear it is believed to be resolved, I look forward to making a start using the 'unstable' version :D

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”