[Bilka] [0.17.36] Behavior of scale_with_zoom is inverted in rendering.draw_text

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
tux_mark_5
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

[Bilka] [0.17.36] Behavior of scale_with_zoom is inverted in rendering.draw_text

Post by tux_mark_5 »

From documentation:

Code: Select all

scale_with_zoom :: boolean (optional): Defaults to false. If true, the text is always the same size, regardless of player zoom.
If the parameter is true then it's always the same size. In other words, it never scales, which is the opposite of what scale_with_zoom means.

Bilka
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.17.36] Behavior of scale_with_zoom is inverted in rendering.draw_text

Post by Bilka »

The behaviour works correctly for me, what exactly is the problem?
I'm an admin over at https://wiki.factorio.com. Feel free to contact me if there's anything wrong (or right) with it.

tux_mark_5
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: [Bilka] [0.17.36] Behavior of scale_with_zoom is inverted in rendering.draw_text

Post by tux_mark_5 »

Naming of scale_with_zoom parameter. scale_with_zoom = true implies that the scale/size of the rendered text changes, while it works the opposite way around.

It is possible that I'm just somehow misinterpreting the meaning of scale_with_zoom.

Bilka
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [Bilka] [0.17.36] Behavior of scale_with_zoom is inverted in rendering.draw_text

Post by Bilka »

Ah, it's a documentation issue, I see. Fixed for the next version:
scale_with_zoom :: boolean (optional): Defaults to false. If true, the text scales with player zoom, resulting in it always being the same size on screen, and the size compared to the game world changes.
I'm an admin over at https://wiki.factorio.com. Feel free to contact me if there's anything wrong (or right) with it.

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”