[0.17.32] Cannot cancel deconstruction of an already constructed item or overlapped ghost entity

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
paulcsiki
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[0.17.32] Cannot cancel deconstruction of an already constructed item or overlapped ghost entity

Post by paulcsiki »

I have a built gun turret and on top of it I've placed a ghost copy of a few already built entities. I've selected the deconstruct tool from the toolbar and selected all the ghost copies and now I have a red X icon on top of my gun turret which I cannot remove using the SHIFT + LMB (default key for cancel deconstruction) or any other way. I can provide a save game if needed and bellow you can see a screencast of the current state of the gun turret and what I've tried to get the red X icon to disappear. Screencast: https://www.screencast.com/t/m8tCELH17rpB.

Let me know if you want me to try anything else.

-Paul

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.17.32] Cannot cancel deconstruction of an already constructed item or overlapped ghost entity

Post by Rseding91 »

Thanks for the report. The gif shows that (at least as the game sees it) you aren't holding shift when using the deconstruction planner to cancel. If the game was seeing you holding shift it would be drawing a blue outline around the area you selected and in the gif it's red.

Based off you using a Mac I suspect it might be some Mac specific problem. Can you try clicking the "reset" button in the top-right of the control settings GUI and seeing if that makes any difference?

also, you have to hold shift during the entire time you use the deconstruction planner to cancel deconstruction - in case you only held it when you first clicked or something.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

paulcsiki
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [0.17.32] Cannot cancel deconstruction of an already constructed item or overlapped ghost entity

Post by paulcsiki »

Thank you for the reply. I was indeed not holding SHIFT while using the deconstruction planner tool but I was holding SHIFT and pressing LMB over the turret entity hoping that it would cancel the deconstruction (I thought that this is how it works because of the key mapping in the controls section). I will try tonight to see if holding SHIFT while using the deconstruction planner does the trick.

-Paul

paulcsiki
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by paulcsiki »

I can confirm that if you hold SHIFT while dragging the deconstruction planner removes the red X icon. Thank you for that.

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”