[0.17.31] random UPS drops, probably logistic network related

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
jarcionek
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

[0.17.31] random UPS drops, probably logistic network related

Post by jarcionek »

I have a big logistic network - over half million storage chests, over 10k roboports, 100k logistic robots.

A while ago I have noticed that when I place 6 requester chests, each requesting 1k ore, the game almost stops for a few seconds, probably while the paths of logistic robots are calculated.

Now, I think I am experiencing this problem on a bigger scale. Without me doing anything, sometimes game runs at 55-60 UPS, but quite frequently it drops to 40, 30 or even 20 UPS. I cannot really figure out what is causing it.

Overall, two saves done 106h apart, show play time difference of only 90h. And that was without any player action (yes, I left the game running while I was away :) ).

The game is single-player. No other player has ever been in this world.

Screenshot.PNG
Screenshot.PNG (7.37 MiB) Viewed 1492 times

150MB save available at my Google Drive: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1DGWKc- ... nL0geoFonZ

Although this game is modded, none of the mods are intrusive and you can easily load the save without them. The behaviour is the same with all mods disabled.

Log file attached.
Attachments
factorio-current.log
(7.2 KiB) Downloaded 60 times

jarcionek
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [0.17.31] random UPS drops, probably logistic network related

Post by jarcionek »

It seems that the problem was caused by a lack of empty storage chests / high number of robots in use (which was reaching 100k).

Now that I have decreased mining and robots have where to store the ore (only 20k of them are flying around), the UPS stays at 55-60.

posila
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by posila »

jarcionek wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:48 am
It seems that the problem was caused by a lack of empty storage chests
Don't you have like 500k storage chests?

jarcionek
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by jarcionek »

posila wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:57 am
jarcionek wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:48 am
It seems that the problem was caused by a lack of empty storage chests
Don't you have like 500k storage chests?
I do :)
jarcionek wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:13 am
I have a big logistic network - over half million storage chests, over 10k roboports, 100k logistic robots.
I have been busy designing blueprints, while constantly expanding the solar plant and mining resources on the way (and not expanding the factory). I am planning to produce 45 of each science pack per second (a full express belt). That will give me a consumption of about 20 million resources per hour what should prevent this problem from happening again :) Although that will increase the number of robots in use, so the UPS will go down...

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”