[kovarex] [0.17.21] Blueprinted train stop becomes temporary stop in train

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
terronium
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[kovarex] [0.17.21] Blueprinted train stop becomes temporary stop in train

Post by terronium »

Steps to reproduce
1. Have a train with two stations added (say A and B) both with circuit condition so that the train doesnt move on its own (it was a construction assist train in my case ).

2. From the train menu ctrl-click any location on some random track (not station) to add a coordinates based temporary station to the train.

3. Once the train comes to the temporary station, switch it to manual mode before the 5 second timer, such that the temporary station remains in the train.

4. Send the train back to station A by clicking the triangle play button next to the station in train screen. The train gets into automatic mode but the temporary station remains in the train. The train goes to station A and just waits there because of the circuit condition as intended.

5. Now shift-copy some train stop (not A or B, just some random train stop). Shift copy will give it a random name. Paste the copied-blueprint somewhere so that bots construct it (hand placing didnt reproduce the issue for me)

6. voila, the newly pasted station is added to our train as the temporary station. The location based temporary station which was there has been replaced by this station as Temporary: <Station Name>, while being nowhere near the track location where that temporary station was.

rakcom
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [0.17.21] Blueprinted train stop becomes temporary stop in train

Post by rakcom »

From what I have noticed it not only renames one temporary station but all of them

CaspianDrago
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: [0.17.21] Blueprinted train stop becomes temporary stop in train

Post by CaspianDrago »

From my testing, this only occurs when bots place a train stop, manually placing a stop does not cause it.

The bot placed train stop does not need to be on the same rail network. It can be completely disconnected from the train. When the temporary stops are replaced If the new station is not reachable from the train, it will no-path, even if all the temporary stations were originally reachable on that rail network.

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [kovarex] [0.17.21] Blueprinted train stop becomes temporary stop in train

Post by kovarex »

Thanks for the report, it is fixed for the next version now.

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”