[0.17.21] Introduction: Confusing technologies screen open up

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
TPReal
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[0.17.21] Introduction: Confusing technologies screen open up

Post by TPReal »

In the game settings I have enabled displaying the tech tree after a technology is researched (I'm not sure if it is on by default but it seems relevant). I'm playing the introduction campaign, and at some point (after feeding 50 copper and gears to the feeder I think), out of sudden the tech tree screen opens up, showing basic mining and basic logistics as researched (green) techs. To a new player (which I'm not), this suddenly appearing window must be absolutely confusing, nothing on this screen relates to anything they already know. This happens at the moment before the research lab appeared in the area, so I don't even know what research means at this point. I think this screen should definitely not appear at this point.

abregado
Former Staff
Former Staff

Re: [0.17.21] Introduction: Confusing technologies screen open up

Post by abregado »

this is triggered as the first lab gets placed by compilatron when you complete that quest. The option to "open the tech gui on completing a technology" also opens it when the first lab is placed without having a technology set, as would be the case in freeplay when placing your first lab.

Since the default is to have this option disabled, I would expect it not to effect a new player. However it could happen.

We also updated the way that the NPE tech tree is presented. Players can see ALL of the technologies, even those that they cannot research at this time. So if a new player does see this, then at least there is something to look at.

Going to mark this as resolved with the upcoming changes.

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”