17.x savegame upgrade kills already researched improvements

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
basementjack
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

17.x savegame upgrade kills already researched improvements

Post by basementjack »

Hi,

I looked briefly and didn't see this so apologies if this has been reported.

I have a savegame from 16.x, where laser defense power and mining efficiency were both researched quite a bit.

Upon opening that savegame in 17.x, I noticed a few things:

1) Enemies seem MUCH more aggressive.
2) my Laser defense grid is nearly useless now and has lost nearly all of it's upgrade - when played in v16.x,

Is this expected to be fixed? I"m not able to keep up since ever single mining outpost is getting destroyed pretty quickly without the lasers at the power they were in back in 16.x

Would love to be able to salvage this savegame/map if possible.

- Jack

MakeItGraphic
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: 17.x savegame upgrade kills already researched improvements

Post by MakeItGraphic »

NaB seen a lot of other post like this too, best bet is to keep playing .16 till your research and or defense is upgraded enough you can keep up with the changes in .17.

invisus
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by invisus »

makeitgraphic18 wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2019 8:50 pm
NaB seen a lot of other post like this too, best bet is to keep playing .16 till your research and or defense is upgraded enough you can keep up with the changes in .17.

I was having this issue until this was "fixed." Granted, detail here is that the migration only happens for 0.16.x --> 0.17.15 or higher:
Twinsen wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 4:28 pm
Fixed in Version: 0.17.15.
But unfortunately it will migrate properly only if you load a 0.16 save in 0.17.

That said, there have been significant changes made between 0.16 and 0.17, and the migration of your laser power tech's doesn't make this _perfect_ but it does make it manageable; at least it did for me.

In my case, the biggest difference (after opening up an old 0.16.x in 0.17.15) was damage and splash from spitters. My turrets (single line of lasers) took a decent amount more damage than they were in 0.16, but this "fix" gave me enough time to play poor man's artillery train* and salvage my old save.

* I drove around with my tank and inventory full of artillery shells, slapped down an artillery turret with a long handed inserter and parked the tank so the inserter would keep the turret fed with shells. I had to take breaks from watching the "show" every so often to ctrl+click the shells from my inventory into the tank, but allowed me enough "push back" against the attacks.

Bilka
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Bilka »

As said above, this was fixed by Twinsen in 0.17.15.
I'm an admin over at https://wiki.factorio.com. Feel free to contact me if there's anything wrong (or right) with it.

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”