[kovarex] Landfill included in blueprit where landfill was not used

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
Blue101
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[kovarex] Landfill included in blueprit where landfill was not used

Post by Blue101 »

I was blue printing my walkway when I noticed that there was landfill in the blueprint even though I didn't fill in water here. Possible remnant from map gen? In any case I'm fairly sure this is a bug.

Hadramal
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Landfill included in blueprit where landfill was not used

Post by Hadramal »

I don't think that's a bug, landfill does not seem to have a special tile. As I understand it, what we think of as a landfill tile is actually "grass-1", a very green and nice type of grassland terrain that occurs naturally and you seem to have that in your screenshot.

If you check "tiles" in your blueprint you will ONLY get "landfill" if the "grass-1" tile is present. This makes the feature less useful - if you actually want landfill in your blueprint you need to build it on grass-1 which means either a very large grass field OR redo the blueprint AFTER you laid it on landfilled water.

To solve this I made a mod that put landfill under your entities in a existing BP - https://mods.factorio.com/mod/LandfillEverything. In that mod I do not put "landfill tiles" under the entities, I put "grass-1".

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [kovarex] Landfill included in blueprit where landfill was not used

Post by kovarex »

So we decided to make a special "landfill" tile, to avoid this confusion.

It looks exactly the same as grass for now, but we will probably try to make it look different.

Hadramal
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Hadramal »

That means I can just change my mod to put the new tile in instead of "grass-1" and it will still work the same?

Edit: As I assume it's intended from your side that there's no way in-game to put landfill in a existing blueprint?

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

There is no way to put anything in existing blueprint right now, so yes.

billbo99
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by billbo99 »

Is there a reason why we can not place a blueprint with "landfill" tiles under entities and have the robot's place both down one after the other in a single stamp of a blueprint ?

Currently I have to stamp the a blueprint down twice, the first time to get the bot's to fill in "water" tiles with "landfill". Then a 2nd time to place the entity I actually wanted to place.

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

The reason is, that the part of buildable logic of ghost entities that would take planned (ghost) tiles into consideration when doing terrain collision was not written yet.

billbo99
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by billbo99 »

Thanks .. I will hold out hope that the statement "not written yet" to mean that its being considered for some release in the near/far future.

billbo99
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by billbo99 »

BTW the logic appears to be there, when you lay down some blue prints over cliffs if you have some cliff explosives the robots will clear the way before putting down the given entity that needed to go there.

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

billbo99 wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:51 am
BTW the logic appears to be there, when you lay down some blue prints over cliffs if you have some cliff explosives the robots will clear the way before putting down the given entity that needed to go there.
Yes, this logic (which is different logic of ignoring conflicing entities that are already marked for deconstruction) is there already.

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”