[0.17.7] Pumps substantially slower than 0.16.x, but no changelog entry -- intentional or bug?

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
malventano
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [0.17.7] Pumps substantially slower than 0.16.x, but no changelog entry -- intentional or bug?

Post by malventano »

Ultros wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 12:33 pm
I tested this based on a blueprint of a pump-bus nuclear reactor design from 0.16 (which used to do the full 12k water/s). The sum of the steam output after reaching equilibrium is around 6.8k per second going by the sum of the steam consumption from the turbines.
I stumbled across this thread while researching max pump flow issues. I've applied a simple change to pump fluidbox size that corrects for the regression. Respectfully request you try your pump-bus nuclear design with my Manifolds mod installed. It should restore your expected performance.
dewiniaid wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:16 pm
This was mentioned on the Discord earlier, so I tested it.
There is nothing in any 0.17 changelogs I can find regarding pump speeds and whatnot, so I'm posting this here in case it is an unintended change.
You should also see the prior behavior with the change I mentioned above.
Allyn Malventano
---
Want to improve fluid flow between pumps / across longer distances? Try my Manifolds mod.

Bilka
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.17.7] Pumps substantially slower than 0.16.x, but no changelog entry -- intentional or bug?

Post by Bilka »

As I don't think "it was supposed to nerfed anyway in the future" is a valid argument to ignore a bug, this has been fixed as suggested here: viewtopic.php?p=476563#p476563.
I'm an admin over at https://wiki.factorio.com. Feel free to contact me if there's anything wrong (or right) with it.

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”