[wheybags][0.17.7] First campain crashed because compilatron deconstructed the lab and some other issues

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
terz42
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[wheybags][0.17.7] First campain crashed because compilatron deconstructed the lab and some other issues

Post by terz42 »

I was testing the new campain and trying to break it. In order to do that i tried constructing wooden chests around the compilatron and noticed that he deconstructed them. I was playing around with it and a) he could kill me that way when he deconstructed the chests in a straight line i would position myself at the point where he would break the last chest and the he tried to deconstruct me and killed me. b) if you place the chest in a way around him that the lab or any other structure is in the way when he tries to break free with the least amount of entities to break ( in the most cases a staight line) he breaks that entity and a LUA error occurs:

The scenario level caused a non-recoverable error.
Please report this error to the scenario author.

Error while running event level::on_tick (ID 0)
__base__/lualib/check.lua:187: attempt to index local 'lab' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
__base__/lualib/check.lua:187: in function 'bottles_and_tech_started'
__base__/lualib/npe/story-condition.lua:72: in function 'condition'
...m/steamapps/common/Factorio/data/core/lualib/story_2.lua:191: in function 'update'
__base__/lualib/npe/storytable.lua:120: in function '?'
__base__/lualib/event_handler.lua:7: in function <__base__/lualib/event_handler.lua:4>
Attachments
LUA error occuring after the compilatron breaks the lab
LUA error occuring after the compilatron breaks the lab
20190307125551_1.jpg (435.83 KiB) Viewed 2847 times
example of chest placement at which the compilatron would break the lab
example of chest placement at which the compilatron would break the lab
20190307125704_1.jpg (763.55 KiB) Viewed 2847 times
Example for being killed by the compilatron when it does break free
Example for being killed by the compilatron when it does break free
20190307125125_1.jpg (705.25 KiB) Viewed 2847 times

wheybags
Former Staff
Former Staff

Re: [wheybags][0.17.7] First campain crashed because compilatron deconstructed the lab and some other issues

Post by wheybags »

Thanks for the report.
This will be fixed in 0.17.9 (but only for new saves). The essential buildings in the starter area will be marked as indestructible, as well as unminable.

BlueTemplar
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [wheybags][0.17.7] First campain crashed because compilatron deconstructed the lab and some other issues

Post by BlueTemplar »

What happens when an unyielding Compilatron meets an indestructible object ? :lol:
BobDiggity (mod-scenario-pack)

Philip017
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Philip017 »

i have yet to try the npe, but compilatron should not destroy anything, and needs to learn to walk around stuff, wtf i have seen so many bug reports about him destroying stuff, why would you make him like that? ok nuf said, just if he didn't destroy things when walking around then you wouldn't have these frustrations.

FirroSeranel
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by FirroSeranel »

I've had this problem in the second area, related to the Compilatron blocking power expansion bug. In order to get around it, I built a pipe, then the steam engine... and then, my fatal flaw, another power pole two squares north of the pipe, trapping the Compilatron, who then happily proceeded to destroy my expensive new steam generator and kill me.

Instead of just working on its pathing, or telling it never to kill the player, how about just giving it the ability to deconstruct things and leave them lying on the ground to be picked up? (And remove the ability to destroy objects.) That, combined with the fact that (I would hope) the player cannot be deconstructed, should make the compilatron's behavior much more sane.

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”