[0.17.2] --generate-tile-properties-csv not working

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
malcolmputer
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[0.17.2] --generate-tile-properties-csv not working

Post by malcolmputer »

I'm having trouble getting the factorio headless to generate the csvs of all the tile values like it did in 0.16 stable.

It accepts the arguments, but does not actually export the csv file.

As an aside, is there a reliable way to export the common name instead of the tile id (or is there a key somewhere?).

malcolmputer
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [0.17.2] --generate-tile-properties-csv not working

Post by malcolmputer »

Just tested, the issue still persists in 0.17.3

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

Thanks for the report. Tile properties are nolonger a thing and that feature is dead. I'll remove the command line option for the next version of 0.17 since it does nothing.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

malcolmputer
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by malcolmputer »

What would be the best way to get something similar added as a feature? I'd like to be able to generate a map and then decide programmatically some things about it (such as is there iron, coal, oil, copper, stone within X tiles of spawn)? What about water, trees, and sand?

What I'm doing currently is parsing the bmp, but it's a bit tedious and error prone to write a bitmap color to ore/tile type and then do my work on that.

BenSeidel
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by BenSeidel »

Is there any reason why you can't write your logic in LUA and make it a mod?

malcolmputer
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by malcolmputer »

Yeah, I'm fluent in python and not lua :(

Also, it's pretty handy to generate a bunch of possible maps and then have the csv or the bmp to reference for later instead of having to load saves or mods. I've generated a couple million bmps that I can run a script on without having to regenerate them or open up in the factorio binary.

BenSeidel
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by BenSeidel »

malcolmputer wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 4:29 am
Yeah, I'm fluent in python and not lua
lua is pretty simple, especially as you already have one language under your belt.

I would agree that running the binary for your scripts would be a pain, but you can get a mod to generate any sort of data you want from the map - no need to use images. Just output xml or jason or csv or whatever format would be easiest for your scripts to parse. You would also have access to more information such as quantities.

You could then automate the generation of all that data in a similar way to what you are doing at the moment (assuming you have automated the generation seeing as though you have a few million images). I am not sure if a script can terminate a headless sever by ending the scenario, but you can listen to it's standard out for some trigger produced by your mod and terminate it that way.

Anyway,
Just a suggestion.

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”