[0.17.2] Post-modsync-autoload truncates save file path when the path contains spaces

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
raiguard
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

[0.17.2] Post-modsync-autoload truncates save file path when the path contains spaces

Post by raiguard »

When using the "Sync Mods with Save" feature, if the "Load save after sync" box is checked, and the save file path contains a space, the game will only save the file path up until the first space character in the path.

For example, if your save is named "Test with Spaces", the game will only save the filename up to the end of "Test", and when the game reloads, it will throw this error:
2019-02-27 16_35_16.png
2019-02-27 16_35_16.png (74.04 KiB) Viewed 1002 times
If you then go and save a new world that matches the truncated filename, then the game will actually load that world instead.

Steps to Reproduce:
1. Install and enable at least one third-party mod
2. Create a new world (doesn't matter what type)
3. Save the world as "Test with Spaces"
4. Place an entity, move around a bit, just do something that differentiates from the save file you just created (i.e. place a furnace)
5. Save the world again as "Test"
6. Exit to the menu and disable all of your mod(s), then reload the game
7. Use the "Sync mods with save" feature on the "Test with Spaces" save, making sure to leave autoload enabled
8. When the game reloads, it will load the "Test" save, instead of the "Test with Spaces" save

I don't think this bug necessitates a log file, but I attached it anyway.
Attachments
factorio-current.log
(4.98 KiB) Downloaded 36 times
Don't forget, you're here forever.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.17.2] Post-modsync-autoload truncates save file path when the path contains spaces

Post by Rseding91 »

Thanks for the report. It's now fixed for the next version of 0.17.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

raiguard
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.17.2] Post-modsync-autoload truncates save file path when the path contains spaces

Post by raiguard »

Hey, I just happened to have needed to use this feature again, and it's not actually fixed (0.17.4). It still does the same thing. I also noticed that the fix for this bug was not mentioned in any changelogs... what happened? Git shenanigans?

Bilka
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Bilka »

It's resolved (again) for 0.17.5 which is not out yet.
I'm an admin over at https://wiki.factorio.com. Feel free to contact me if there's anything wrong (or right) with it.

raiguard
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by raiguard »

Awesome, thanks a bunch! :D

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”