[TOGoS][0.17.1] Map preview, random seed stops working after importing exchange string

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
Pinga
Inserter
Inserter

[TOGoS][0.17.1] Map preview, random seed stops working after importing exchange string

Post by Pinga »

When creating a new game the "random seed" button stops working after you import a map exchange string.

Steps to reproduce:
- Play / New Game
- Expand Preview
- Import map exchange string (input a string then confirm)
- Click "Random seed"
- The number of the seed will change, but the map itself won't update

Tubbles
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [0.17.1] Map preview, random seed stops working after importing exchange string

Post by Tubbles »

Id like to confirm this issue, kinda annoying because I like to set up my settings properly via reloading the preview pane several times. When I found a preset I like I save the map exchange string to be able to come back and generate a new seed and hit play. However, I noticed this bug and was stuck with the seed that was contained within the map exchange string.

The work around I found was to just start the map and then hit restart from within the menus. Or alternatively, quit the game and start a new map, since the settings are remembered.

naed
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [0.17.1] Map preview, random seed stops working after importing exchange string

Post by naed »

Can confirm this is still the case with 0.17.7

However, it will start working again IF you change the default/railworld/etc dropdown to something else from the default "default".

This is however slightly annoying when you are using custom settings.

TOGoS
Former Staff
Former Staff

Re: [TOGoS][0.17.1] Map preview, random seed stops working after importing exchange string

Post by TOGoS »

Should be fixed for 0.17.9. Thanks for the report!

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”