[0.17.1] Inserters lose modified pickup/drop positions when upgraded with planner

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
GotLag
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

[0.17.1] Inserters lose modified pickup/drop positions when upgraded with planner

Post by GotLag »

As per the title, when using the new upgrade planner to replace inserters that have had their pickup_position or drop_position changed by a mod, those changed positions are reset to default on the replacement entity.

Is this intended behaviour?

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.17.1] Inserters lose modified pickup/drop positions when upgraded with planner

Post by Rseding91 »

Thanks for the report however that's working correctly. Upgrading is the same as manually fast-replacing every entity which also loses modified pickup/drop positions.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

GotLag
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [0.17.1] Inserters lose modified pickup/drop positions when upgraded with planner

Post by GotLag »

Is there anything in the API to let me detect this and handle it programmatically?

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

Not currently. There's just the "robot built entity" event. The same as when a player does it.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

Please reconsider this one.
It makes one of features incomplete - either the custom inserter positions or built in upgrade planner in game.

Or we should post this as an suggestion?

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Rseding91 wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 5:11 am
Not currently. There's just the "robot built entity" event. The same as when a player does it.
in that case. is there a way to detect what the positions were on the previous entity before the new one was placed?
if currently not, perhaps a new event could be added, on_upgrade or on_fast_replace that shows us the previous entity's information and also lets us edit the new one?
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

GotLag
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by GotLag »

orzelek wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2019 5:42 pm
Or we should post this as an suggestion?
Posted here

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

@Rseding So, can't we just allow this? Both for fast-replace and upgrade planner, when both source and target of the upgrade has configurable locations, just copy it.

nuhll
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by nuhll »

Rseding91 wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 4:31 am
Thanks for the report however that's working correctly. Upgrading is the same as manually fast-replacing every entity which also loses modified pickup/drop positions.
Then change this. If even an mod could do it before, why wouild u remove that feature when u add it to the game? ( :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: )

GotLag
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by GotLag »

nuhll wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:59 pm
Then change this. If even an mod could do it before, why wouild u remove that feature when u add it to the game? ( :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: )
This is not how you win friends and influence people.
kovarex wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:44 pm
@Rseding So, can't we just allow this? Both for fast-replace and upgrade planner, when both source and target of the upgrade has configurable locations, just copy it.
It would be very much appreciated if this could be done.

nuhll
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by nuhll »

GotLag wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 2:31 pm
nuhll wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:59 pm
This is not how you win friends and influence people.
kovarex wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:44 pm
It would be very much appreciated if this could be done.
I really like this game and most decicions from devs are awesome. But sometimes i dont understand it. Like you just do what other already figured out... :? theres no new invention behind this.

GotLag
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by GotLag »

Thanks, being that it wasn't in the changelog I might never have noticed :)

nuhll
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by nuhll »

THANKS!!!! 8-)

Recon777
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Recon777 »

Just noticed by accident yesterday that this was in the game!!
Wow! What a treat. Very much appreciated, thanks!

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”