[0.17.1] [kovarex] Stuck in blueprint mode

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
Slackie
Inserter
Inserter

[0.17.1] [kovarex] Stuck in blueprint mode

Post by Slackie »

So, I decided to check out blueprint mode and managed to get myself stuck. As best I can tell, I clicked on the blueprint button on the bottom right of the screen, then hit Q a few times trying to get the blueprint off my cursor, without ever creating a blueprint. That didn't seem to work, so I tried making a blueprint of just some terrain, and saving it. My cursor is now stuck in some kind of blueprint mode that I can't exit out of, even after restarting the game.

I've attached the save, which was created new in 0.17 (.0, or .1, not sure which). No mods, just vanilla Factorio.
Attachments
new-0.17.zip
(3.19 MiB) Downloaded 69 times

Jon8RFC
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [0.17.1] Stuck in blueprint mode

Post by Jon8RFC »

Your inventory is full. Going into your inventory, picking something like a stack of coal, then dropping that into your wooden crate will free up inventory space, and the blueprint will go into the newly opened spot. That can at least help you move forward.

Slackie
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Slackie »

Ah, good catch. This should probably give some kind of error message then, it didn't occur to me to check my inventory!

Thanks, Jon!

SpoonUnit
Inserter
Inserter

Post by SpoonUnit »

Blueprints seem to have a few quirks. I thought from FFF details that blueprints would no longer be inventory items when pressing Q while holding a blueprint. It seems that they still are.

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.17.1] [kovarex] Stuck in blueprint mode

Post by kovarex »

I added a textual description of the problem when this happens.

Pressing Q when you get the blueprint really makes it go away, but in this case, the blueprint is already setup (to have one tile of grass), so pressing Q won't just make it go away.

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”