[0.16.51] Crash loading save, rail signal buildabilityCheck failed

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
Broskev
Inserter
Inserter

[0.16.51] Crash loading save, rail signal buildabilityCheck failed

Post by Broskev »

Hi,
I'm completely helpless at this point... No matter what I do regarding my mod list, my game just would not load and throw this error upon loading my save game: https://imgur.com/a/5A7XAuO.
It does not matter if I update a single mod to the newest version (no matter what mod, I tried like 10 of them one by one), or if I remove a single mod (again, no matter which one, tried to remove multiple of them one by one).
The problem is the game loads just fine if the mod list AND their versions stay like they were when the save was made. And just to be clear, the game itself starts fine to the main menu.

Thank you for your help!
Attachments
MiningIndustries_NoWater3.zip
(94.55 MiB) Downloaded 66 times
factorio-current.log
(126.44 KiB) Downloaded 83 times

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: [0.16.51] Crash loading save, rail signal buildabilityCheck failed

Post by Loewchen »

If you want to keep on playing with changed mods, you could try removing rail signals that are some way touched by mods or just in general until the error disappears. It could be months until an update is released that fixes the issue.

Broskev
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Broskev »

Hello,

Thank you for replying. Could you please elaborate a little bit more what you mean by "removing rail signals touched by mods" or point me to some other place where this would be explained?

Could it be caused by Geothermal Energy mod? I know that the Geothermal patches have something of rail signals in them.

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Loewchen »

Broskev wrote:Could you please elaborate a little bit more what you mean by "removing rail signals touched by mods"?
Could it be caused by Geothermal Energy mod? I know that the Geothermal patches have something of rail signals in them.
There seems to be at least one signal that should actually not be placeable in its location, since this issue was not reported before, it is likely related to a mod, so when you load the save to remove signals you should start with those that are mod entities themselves or are next to such.
I do not know what mod could have caused this, from what you describe Geothermal sounds like a candidate, but until you can make your save loadable with changed mod layout you can not remove it anyway.

Broskev
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Broskev »

Thank you for the tip, Loewchen. Removing Geothermal itself did the job. I'm not sure why it started to give problems so suddenly - do yo have any idea, please? I have been playing this map for a lot of hours already and never before had I problems with updating or changing mods.

How did you know it was related to rail signals anyway?

Btw, those Geothermal patches are based on rail signals entities, thus removing the whole mod fixed it for me as it removed all geothermal patches from the map.

Twinsen
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Twinsen »

Seems to be resolved in 0.17.

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”