[Dominik][0.16.41]No underground belt overlay

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
Neemys
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

[Dominik][0.16.41]No underground belt overlay

Post by Neemys »

When having an underground belt in hand and trying to see the overlay when one underground has already being placed, the overlay does not appear if there is an underground belt under the cursor.
Bug
Bug
bug overlay.jpg (28.13 KiB) Viewed 4379 times
Expected behavior : An overlay should appear between the placed underground belt facing bottom and the one in hand.

Actual behavior : No overlay appear. Clicking with the mouse does work an will connect the two underground but no visual that it will work.
Want more space restriction ? Or maybe you want to be forced to use train for other thing than ore and oil ? Try Building Platform Mod !

AreYouScared
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: [0.16.41]No underground belt overlay

Post by AreYouScared »

They're going opposite directions? So I don't think the overlay would appear

Dominik
Former Staff
Former Staff

Post by Dominik »

This does not look right. The belt on cursor should be red as you can't replace when it has orthogonal direction. So since you can't build it, it is correct that there are no marks between the belts, but I don't see how the held belt is green... Any mods that could cause that? But I will test it soon myself.

Neemys
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Neemys »

Dominik wrote:This does not look right. The belt on cursor should be red as you can't replace when it has orthogonal direction. So since you can't build it, it is correct that there are no marks between the belts, but I don't see how the held belt is green... Any mods that could cause that? But I will test it soon myself.
No mods, plain vanilla. And yes fast replace does work on orthogonal underground for the moment. Anyway, even when a placement is red, the overlay appear anywhere else on the game. Like :
overlay.jpg
overlay.jpg (34.55 KiB) Viewed 4254 times
And if possible even if you make placement red on orthogonal belt, let the overlay displayed. It's usefull to see if there is indeed something in the way (but still close enough to the antrance) or if we are too far from the entrance. We can count tile for valinna underground but modded one can go far and the overlay is the only way that tell us if we are in range of an entrance.
cjmwid wrote:They're going opposite directions? So I don't think the overlay would appear
The game autocorrect direction based on detected underground in range when you place it.
Want more space restriction ? Or maybe you want to be forced to use train for other thing than ore and oil ? Try Building Platform Mod !

Dominik
Former Staff
Former Staff

Re: [Dominik][0.16.41]No underground belt overlay

Post by Dominik »

The issue went deeper. The way it works now, when an underground belt is marked for deconstruction, it is still connected. Which caused problems when a ghost of another utg belt was built over it. That led to a a hack to prevent those problems that resulted in not pairing the utg belt when hovering over another one.
So I have changed the logic and utg belts marked for deconstruction no longer connect, the hacks are not needed anymore and your thing works right.

Neemys
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [Dominik][0.16.41]No underground belt overlay

Post by Neemys »

Thanks for the explanation and the fix ;)

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”