[0.16.36] Corrupted graphics driver

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
Ispil
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[0.16.36] Corrupted graphics driver

Post by Ispil »

I recently started playing this game, and I've been met upon startup occasionally with a "Initialization failed. Error Code: 01" error. Checking my graphics driver, sure enough, it needs updating. I update the graphics driver (in this case a NVIDIA 1080 graphics card), and the game runs fine. However, at some point (after a couple of days of playing) and attempting to start up the game, I am met yet again with the "Initialization failed. Error Code: 01" error. I check, and sure enough my graphics driver appears to need updating yet again, despite the fact that the graphics driver version has not changed. This has happened repeatedly, and I'm not necessarily sure what triggers it; sometimes the game loads fine, and other times this happens.

I should note, the issue is more likely occurring when the game is closing, not when it's launching. I had issues opening other software that relied on OpenGL today (as in the software failed to start and cited a need for OpenGL2) after closing the game and not attempting to re-open it; the graphics driver was yet again needing reinstallation. I have no idea what's going on, but I've never had this issue with any other game, and it only started happening when I started playing this game. I also played this game a while ago briefly (several months), and this issue did not happen then. Whether that's coincidence or indicative of a recent change being the cause of the issue, I do not know.

Ispil
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: [0.16.36] Corrupted graphics driver

Post by Ispil »

Ah, sorry about that. Here are the two previous log files.
Attachments
factorio-previous.log
(9.38 KiB) Downloaded 96 times
factorio-current.log
(7.89 KiB) Downloaded 93 times

Ispil
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Ispil »

Okay, issue happened again. These logs should hopefully be more useful than the last two.
Attachments
factorio-previous.log
(4.2 KiB) Downloaded 88 times
factorio-current.log
(28.15 KiB) Downloaded 82 times

Zavian
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Zavian »

Similar log file to viewtopic.php?f=7&t=60023 , so possibly the same underlying issue.

posila
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by posila »

I believe it is an issue in 397.31 driver release, there is a hotfix 397.55 which fixes
Windows 10: Driver may get removed after PC has been left idle for an extended period of time.

Ispil
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Ispil »

How on earth? Thanks for the help (that's most likely the issue), but I'm just baffled at how that's even a thing.

Jap2.0
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Jap2.0 »

posila wrote:I believe it is an issue in 397.31 driver release, there is a hotfix 397.55 which fixes
Windows 10: Driver may get removed after PC has been left idle for an extended period of time.
lol
There are 10 types of people: those who get this joke and those who don't.

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”