[0.16.28] Desync's

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
T-19
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[0.16.28] Desync's

Post by T-19 »

hello! I love factorio and this is my first actual bug that annoys me
I live in australia so I have difficulty finding servers to play on, I however came across the FactorioMMO community map server and thought why not since the game is incredibly optimized and such.

No mods to my knowledge, potentially a custom scenario since starting equipment is altered and there's info menus.
I believe that with my high latency to the server it has been causing several desync's not only for myself but others playing at the same time, unsure if any specific action triggers it but I'm moving most of the time when they happen.

I'm guessing latency based desync's aren't that easy to fix but here you go if you get bored :P
It does happen fairly often though so if you'd like to get me on a server to replicate it I don't mind.

Desync report zip

hribek
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [0.16.28] Desync's

Post by hribek »

I can confirm this, and I believe we tracked it down to running into a wall with power armor exoskeleton equipped.

Edit: this is without any mods

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

hribek wrote:I can confirm this, and I believe we tracked it down to running into a wall with power armor exoskeleton equipped.

Edit: this is without any mods
Are you able to reproduce the desync reliably?
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

T-19
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by T-19 »

Might be a seperate cause, I've yet to craft any exo's for mine and have been completely unequipped while desync's occured

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

Something to note: the *amount* of latency won't cause desyncs so what ever is going wrong it's unrelated to that.

I looked at the desync report but it's too far into the desync to provide any useful information. I noticed that the save you're using has a custom script - are you able to reproduce the problem without the custom script?
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

T-19
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by T-19 »

I played a game with a friend who wasn't running any scripts and it was fine, might be the script doing it so if I wanted to try and replicate it would a local server be sufficient?

I_IBlackI_I
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by I_IBlackI_I »

Looks like this is a game using my codebase which can be found here: https://github.com/factoriommo/factorio ... e/0.16_Dev

It is known that Factorio still has desync bugs related to ghosts on different forces. Not sure if that is the case here but I do see you have ghosts enabled.
We have after many hours of playing and trying not found a way to reproduce this issue.

Please disable global.modular_admin_ghosts.enabled if you want a stable game. We haven't had desyncs with ghosts disabled.

If you do happen to know how to reproduce that would be awesome!

Other unresolved MMO desyncs
viewtopic.php?f=209&t=54787
viewtopic.php?f=29&t=54881

T-19
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by T-19 »

I wasn't able to reproduce it on my own server with the script but I did confirm on the server that it happens near walls with/without exo's

Twinsen
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Twinsen »

Thanks for the report.
I was able to reproduce the problem and possibly fixed a number of desyncs related to wall connections.
I also fixed that walls would connect to ghosts from another force.

Fixed in Version: 0.16.29.

T-19
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by T-19 »

10/10 work, thank you guys!

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”