[kovarex] [0.16.26] Priority Splitter based 1/12th splitting.

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
eradicator
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

[kovarex] [0.16.26] Priority Splitter based 1/12th splitting.

Post by eradicator »

I searched through the forums but with all the splitter/belt issues it's difficult to tell if this exact situation was already reported...

When sideloading before a double priority splitter some items end up on the wrong belt if the distance between the two splitters is shorter than the item "streak". (The circuit just ensures there's 12 items in the chest)
decompress.gif
decompress.gif (1.31 MiB) Viewed 2701 times
As you can see items should never go to the red belt, yet still they do. If the yellow belt is removed then all items stay on the blue belt.

I sure hope this is not "not a bug" as it was quite difficult to reliably reproduce :P. Also i'm pretty sure i originally discovered this behavior without sideloading but couldn't manage to reproduce it without.

BP

quyxkh
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [0.16.26] Priority Splitter based 1/12th splitting.

Post by quyxkh »

I think this is a simpler demonstratoin of the behavior in 57524, which I have as splitters taking a tick to switch away from a clogged priority output.

seePyou
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: [0.16.26] Priority Splitter based 1/12th splitting.

Post by seePyou »

Exactly, this is the same end result, the point is to see in the code if this is the same root cause now :) But it certainly looks to be very connected with the cart unloading report made, and makes no sense (if not a bug) design and operationally wise. Splitters introduce a "lag" in the flow of goods, that is what this shows.

Manron
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [kovarex] [0.16.26] Priority Splitter based 1/12th splitting.

Post by Manron »

out of curiosity, what happens if you remove the 2nd splitter? the dead end one.

Edit: nvm, i failed comprehending what you wrote in the original post. :oops:

eradicator
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by eradicator »

Manron wrote:out of curiosity, what happens if you remove the 2nd splitter? the dead end one.
Edit: nvm, i failed comprehending what you wrote in the original post. :oops:
The whole thing only reproduces if the second splitter has output priority set and the priority lane is blocked. As i mentioned above it took quite some time to get all the factors right to always reproduce :P If you're curious just use the blueprint string in the OP and test yourself.

I'm curious just how much master kovarex is scratching his head over this :D.

Manron
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Manron »

I'd do that if i was at home, my boss wont let me play at work for some obscure reasons. I understood the 2nd splitter was needed when i read your post for a 2nd time, tat's why i edited my post to nvm. ;)

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

I tested this setup in 0.16.29 (the future release) (After doing different input priority bugfix), and it seems to work fine, so I consider it to be fixed for the next release.

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”