[0.10.x] underground belts, vibrating screen

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
boro
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

[0.10.x] underground belts, vibrating screen

Post by boro »

I don't know if this needs fixing but I thought I'd let you know anyway. Do not let it interfere with release schedules please :)

When you stand on an underground belt entrance and bump in to certain objects, that causes the screen to vibrate and appear fuzzy. Especially noticable with fast/express underground belts and zoomed in.
The situation where this comes up most is when you have chests on the same row as your belts and use underground belts to pass them. (and you stroll around your base checking things out and inavoidably get transported by standing still on belts)
On the screenshot, objects to the left cause this vibrating, objects to the right do not. Tested in 0.9.8 and 0.10.12.
factorio13.jpg
factorio13.jpg (568.59 KiB) Viewed 1961 times

pyrolytic_tungsten
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [0.10.x] underground belts, vibrating screen

Post by pyrolytic_tungsten »

I can only notice that vibration on the closest of zoom levels. I'd never have noticed if you didn't say anything.

boro
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by boro »

With the slow underground belt I can notice it up to default view, with express underground belt all the way zoomed out.

boro
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by boro »

Another thing related to this:
factorio14.jpg
factorio14.jpg (622.85 KiB) Viewed 1903 times
It looks like the fast inserter above me is grabbing the iron ore, but instead it's flipping around like crazy. The 2 chunks of iron ore are dancing between the 2 pieces of belt.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

Hm. This is, cause of the item/character is moved in a frequency of 30 Hz from one tile to the other and back due to simulated "physical" reasons.
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

boro wrote:Another thing related to this:

It looks like the fast inserter above me is grabbing the iron ore, but instead it's flipping around like crazy. The 2 chunks of iron ore are dancing between the 2 pieces of belt.
That's expected: the belts are pushing the iron out of reach of the inserter and then back again. When the items are In reach the inserter tries to grab them but by the time it moves they're out of reach again and it repeats.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

It is partially not a bug and partially solved as the transport belt to ground no longer moves non-item objects.

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”