[0.16.16][Win10,Steam] Left Mouse Button random re-click

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
irbork
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

[0.16.16][Win10,Steam] Left Mouse Button random re-click

Post by irbork »

Last I have played was around 0.16.10, can't say exactly, I had a short break, and there was no issue then.
Now randomly when I click with LMB the game registers double clicks ie.:
-picking up item from the belt - picks it up and puts back right away,
-picking items from inventory - picks next item in the next slot,
-blueprints/deconstruction planers - does not register dragging properly, not selecting at all or cancelling selection after button release.

Those problems seem totally random. Sometimes it happens once every few minutes and sometimes once every few clicks.
Game runs 60fps/60ups at all times, though it seems that problem occurs more often when a lot is going on. Frequency may be related to graphic quality options but it may be just coincidence.

Mouse is high end gaming mouse with less than 3 months of exploatation, and is working properly in OS and any other games.
Drivers up to date, reinstalled few times during investigation. No new software installed for months.

zyklame
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [0.16.16][Win10,Steam] Left Mouse Button random re-click

Post by zyklame »

Probably the button sensor of the mouse is defect. Can you try with another mouse if the problem persists.

irbork
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by irbork »

another mouse, same problem

Engimage
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Engimage »

This looks definitely as a hardware issue. You should get a better mouse which will not register false clicks.
Also chilling out and sleeping helps a lot with hand shaking issues :)

Zavian
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Zavian »

I'd try restarting windows without loading most of your startup programs. See if you can reproduce it there. It might be caused by interaction with another program.

I recall a similar thread from a few weeks ago. viewtopic.php?f=11&t=56097&p=330062#p330118

irbork
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by irbork »

Not many mice are better than Logitech G900.
BTW I use wired connection so it is not radio interference issue.

It seems v-sync on/off/nvidia_driver_forcedvsync have huge impact on the frequency of this issue. I hardly notice any problems with game v-sync off and nvidia v-sync set to adaptive. Any idea what's wrong?

TruePikachu
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by TruePikachu »

Best guess I have is a mouse button down event being processed multiple times by accident. If you launch 0.15, the issue doesn't persist, right? (Please actually test this, it can help confirm if it is caused by some change in 0.16). Note that the best way to launch 0.15 for testing this would be the standalone .zip from the main site.

irbork
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by irbork »

TruePikachu wrote:Best guess I have is a mouse button down event being processed multiple times by accident. If you launch 0.15, the issue doesn't persist, right? (Please actually test this, it can help confirm if it is caused by some change in 0.16). Note that the best way to launch 0.15 for testing this would be the standalone .zip from the main site.
I wasn't there until I have started playing 0.16.16. I will check next one once the update comes.

TreefrogGreaken
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by TreefrogGreaken »

I had a similar issue with one of my older gaming mouse.

I managed to find a program on the internet which did some debounce in windows which helped, but didnt work in game, ended up replacing it.

One thing i did to test, was to set up a macro, so that on mouse down it sent a A and mouse up was a B, so when i was in note pad, I'd get ABABABABABAB, if its a bad mouse or event you'd see duplicate A's and B's eg AAABBABBBABAAAABBB. Might be worth a try if your mouse supports macros?

irbork
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by irbork »

Resolved issue completely by lowering mouse report rate from 1000 to 250 reports per second.

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”