[16.12] Double Clicking for both Right and Left Mouse Button

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
BlueMarkers
Inserter
Inserter

[16.12] Double Clicking for both Right and Left Mouse Button

Post by BlueMarkers »

I think I've identify what the problem is but I can't figure out what is causing it or how to solve it.

https://i.imgur.com/alAw80l.gifv

You can see a few details in this GIF. First, when I click on the iron nothing happens (the item flashes). As I continue to click on it, I finally select the copper (to the right). Additionally, when I click with either the right or left mouse button it produces double of what I expect.

I'm sure that it is not a hardware issue because I just replaced the mouse and the first few clicks have been factorio itself. I've also tested my mouse clicking outside of factorio and only a single click is registering.

This has been happening since 16.7, but I had this problem very briefly when I first loaded the game (back in 15 sometime).

This issue existed for my first hour or so of playing and then magically disappeared. Then I went away for about a week, came back and upgraded to 16.7 (from 16.6), and suddenly it's back. I've tried uninstalling, reinstalling, restarting, downgrading the version (to both 16.6 and 15.X), and nothing seems to work. This occurs on both new games and existing saves where I am certain the issue did not occur in 16.6. No mods are being used.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Attachments
factorio-previous.log
(12.95 KiB) Downloaded 86 times
factorio-current.log
(12.95 KiB) Downloaded 91 times

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: [16.12] Double Clicking for both Right and Left Mouse Button

Post by Koub »

No mouse macros that could have been forgotten ? Like only active when a specific executable is running (which would explain why the issue is not always present).
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

BlueMarkers
Inserter
Inserter

Post by BlueMarkers »

Have never used a mouse macro, so I'm confident that's not the case.

Not sure if it's relevant, but it seems like if I try to minimize the game, my clicks still register in game (as if the screen was still up).

BlueMarkers
Inserter
Inserter

Post by BlueMarkers »

Actually the point I just made about it still registering even when minimized seems to maybe be relevant.

When minimized, only a single click registers as normal. When maximized, it registers twice. It seems like there's an invisible second version of the game running on top of everything that cannot be minimized. I'm running the steam version for reference.

Any thoughts?

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

I'm totally clueless, although I'm pretty sure you don't have two instances of Factorio running simultaneously.
I assume your mouse drivers are up-to-date ? Did you change the model/brand of your mouse, or did you buy the same one ?
Whatever, I'm convinced I'm not looking at the right place : if these symptoms only appear while ingame, there's little chance it comes from the mouse.
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Loewchen »

I would start by resetting key bindings, see if that helps.

BlueMarkers
Inserter
Inserter

Post by BlueMarkers »

I'm totally clueless, although I'm pretty sure you don't have two instances of Factorio running simultaneously.
I assume your mouse drivers are up-to-date ? Did you change the model/brand of your mouse, or did you buy the same one ?
Whatever, I'm convinced I'm not looking at the right place : if these symptoms only appear while ingame, there's little chance it comes from the mouse.
I don't believe I have two instances running simultaneously, but that's somewhat how it seems to act. It seems like when factorio launches it creates two instances...One is the standard game, and one is a transparent (to clicking) game that cannot be minimized, and these both seem to be linked so that a click in the "transparent" game registers in the main game. Not sure exactly if that's what's happening, but that's certainly what it seems like.

Mouse drivers are up to date. Bought an entirely new mouse when I thought it was a mouse based problem (although it worked for a while on my old mouse). Upside is now I got a mouse upgrade.
I would start by resetting key bindings, see if that helps.
Reset the key bindings and even deleted the config.ini file. No luck, issue still exists.

Dominik
Former Staff
Former Staff

Post by Dominik »

Could be some other software interfering. Do you use some third party window overlay or some key logging or anything else of that kind?

BlueMarkers
Inserter
Inserter

Post by BlueMarkers »

Dominik wrote:Could be some other software interfering. Do you use some third party window overlay or some key logging or anything else of that kind?
Well, looks like you were right. I was sure that it wasn't other software because it was only happening with Factorio, but it seems like the SpecialK Global Injector (FAR mod for Nier: Automata), was causing the issue. I removed that and it seems like the problem was resolved.

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”