[wheybags][0.15.34] Replays make blueprints global

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
daniel34
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

[wheybags][0.15.34] Replays make blueprints global

Post by daniel34 »

This is similar to 47151, where replays would give you achievements although you didn't play the game by yourself.

Playing a replay (Play --> Replay game --> choose a save) will make all blueprints that are global within the replay also global for the player.

Steps to reproduce (on a fresh install):
  • Start a new game with replay enabled
  • Blueprint something and put it in the global blueprint list ("My blueprints" on the right side), then save that map
  • Quit the game and delete the blueprint-storage.dat file
  • Restart the game and start a new map, after pressing B (or clicking the blueprint icon) you'll see that the blueprint is gone
  • Replay the game you saved earlier
  • If you now start a new game the blueprint is there, although you only replayed the game
Replaying a save file should in no way interact with the actual (global) game state, that is why achievements are no longer unlockable if you are just watching a replay. The same should be done with blueprints - replays should not be able to add blueprints to your blueprint-storage.dat ("My Blueprints").
quick links: log file | graphical issues | wiki

impetus maximus
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [0.15.34] Replays make blueprints global

Post by impetus maximus »

the 'my blueprints' definitely needs a revamp. just loading someones save to try and help with a problem i got 25+ blueprints loaded into 'my blueprints'. :x
a pop-up asking weather or not to add the blueprints. or a separate section for that save's blueprints so we can add to 'my blueprints', if we so choose.

wheybags
Former Staff
Former Staff

Re: [wheybags][0.15.34] Replays make blueprints global

Post by wheybags »

Thanks for the report! Fixed, and will be released in 0.16

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”