[15.34] Unnamed blueprints show "1" when placing

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
Mini-Me
Inserter
Inserter

[15.34] Unnamed blueprints show "1" when placing

Post by Mini-Me »

When equipping an unnamed blueprint to place it on the map, it shows "1" where it'd show the name of a blueprint that was given a name.
It shows a "1" when having the blueprint equipped for placing.
It shows a "1" when having the blueprint equipped for placing.
unnamed_blueprint_name.png (1.28 MiB) Viewed 1475 times
This blueprint doesn't have a name.
This blueprint doesn't have a name.
unnamed_blueprint.jpg (178.36 KiB) Viewed 1475 times
This is just a minor annoyance that I just noticed while playing, but I thought I'd post it up for completeness sake :). This is an unmodded Steam version of the game.

I suppose somewhere in the code an empty string evaluates to true and further down that's taken for the name...

Bilka
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: Unnamed blueprints show "1" when placing

Post by Bilka »

That's the number that shows how many items you are holding (1 in this case). So technically NaB, though I do agree that the number should maybe be hidden when showing the blueprint in-world preview.
I'm an admin over at https://wiki.factorio.com. Feel free to contact me if there's anything wrong (or right) with it.

Mini-Me
Inserter
Inserter

Re: Unnamed blueprints show "1" when placing

Post by Mini-Me »

Oh duh, that's what that's supposed to be. It makes sense from that point of view, but apparently managed to confuse me very well :D . Cause, thing is, you scroll through the list and see different names there, and once it changes to something that doesn't have a name it suddenly shows the item count. So out of the blue it suddenly functions differently.
Was that really like this ever since the introduction of blueprint books and I just never noticed it?

So one could argue that to avoid confusion here it could be very low priority to hide item counter on unstackable items, or at least blueprints?

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [15.34] Unnamed blueprints show "1" when placing

Post by kovarex »

That is a valid point.
Blueprints will never show the 1 when held in cursor in 0.16

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”