[Rseding][0.15.22] Mods (GUI) not loading on existing saves only

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
rcraft
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[Rseding][0.15.22] Mods (GUI) not loading on existing saves only

Post by rcraft »

I started a game on 0.15.21 a couple of days ago, and now when loading the game on 0.15.22 one of my mods is mysteriously not even loading. The mod in question is TimeTools.

I can consistently reproduce this with *only* time TimeTools mod running.

1. Create a new game with only TimeTools loaded.
2. Notice that the buttons show up in the upper-left of the screen
3. Save game, exit to main menu
4. Load the game you just saved, and the mod doesn't load (nothing shows up in the upper-left).

This only happens on 0.15.22 - I tested this same set of steps on 0.15.21 and I do not see the same error. I can't find any lines in the factorio-current.log that would point to why things are failing to call initialize :(

I'm trying to figure out if this is a mod in the failing through debug, but I didn't see anything in the changelog of 0.15.22 that should break this individual mod from loading :/

If anything, my guess is that something related to viewtopic.php?t=50022 is interfering here, but I haven't figured it out for sure yet.

The mod is clearly still running in the background - when I added a debug print statement to the on_tick function, the game printed a line for every game tick (I quickly turned this off, of course).

Through a bunch of debug print statements, I'm noticing that it *seems* to be having trouble with this line:

Code: Select all

local gui1 = player.gui.top.timetools_flow
(in control.lua, line 333ish in build_gui)

I have a debug print statement before and after it, and in new games the statements print fine - but when I load the game, it prints the line I have before it, and then goes silent afterwards.

I have tried moving the element from the top to center but still the same issue - loads fine on a new game, and doesn't show up in subsequent loads of the same game.

EDIT:

Further exploration has led me to running this command to turn the GUI element back on:

Code: Select all

/c remote.call( "timetools", "on" )
Still not sure what in the flow causes it to be off (I never see the interface.off() function get called) in 15.22 that's different from 15.21, but hopefully noteworthy.\

EDIT 2:
I found another interaction that causes buttons to disappear from the top flow. This seems to be a more generic problem with GUI elements getting consumed on loads...
Attachments
TimeTools_1.0.28.zip
(81.04 KiB) Downloaded 153 times

Narc
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [0.15.22] Mods (GUI) not loading on existing saves only

Post by Narc »

rcraft wrote:This seems to be a more generic problem with GUI elements getting consumed on loads...
I have this same problem in EvoGUI and came to the same conclusion: the root GUI element is getting eaten at load time (or all the mods' GUI elements are).

It also happens when joining a server, but only on the client end -- the server retains the GUI element (very quickly leading to a desync, which I've reproduced with both EvoGUI and TimeTools (each mod just by itself, on two separate executions)). I've attached the desync report to this post.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [Rseding][0.15.22] Mods (GUI) not loading on existing saves only

Post by Rseding91 »

Thanks for the report. This is now fixed for the next version of 0.15.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”