[15.10] [kovarex] Switching recipes in furnaces with Productivity modules gives strange results

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
terror_gnom
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

[15.10] [kovarex] Switching recipes in furnaces with Productivity modules gives strange results

Post by terror_gnom »

Hi,
I was testing my smart furnace setup and got sometimes realy strange Itemcounts. When you smelt 4 Iron/Copper ore, then switch to steel for 1 craft and then back to iron or copper ore, it will give you 3 plates.

Reproduce:
place electric furnace
drop 2 Prod3 modules in
smelt 4 copper ore => get 4 copper plates
smelt 5 iron plates => get 1 steel
smelt 1 copper ore => get 3 copper plates :?:

If you switch more often through recipies, it will produce even stranger numbers...

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: [15.10] Switching recipes in furnaces with Productivity modules gives strange results

Post by Loewchen »

I can still reproduce this with 15.12.

Might be fixed by this: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=48082

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [15.10] [kovarex] Switching recipes in furnaces with Productivity modules gives strange results

Post by kovarex »

Fixed for 0.15.13.

The bonus progress bar will reset whenever the recipe changes.

Ober3550
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [15.10] [kovarex] Switching recipes in furnaces with Productivity modules gives strange results

Post by Ober3550 »

kovarex wrote:Fixed for 0.15.13.

The bonus progress bar will reset whenever the recipe changes.
I'm wondering how much of a hassle and or memory problem to store the productivity value of some of the products if not all. Because otherwise when going from something like iron to steel the output production will be lower due to the productivity resetting every time the recipe changes.

EDIT: I've been doing some testing and I've found that production bonuses will sometimes not work after 5 items which is weird because the purple bar will be right at the end. There are ways to stop the loss of the production bonus for iron, copper, brick but not steel. So if anything it'd be important or useful to store that percentage when switching recipes.

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”