[0.15.9] Productivity bar not showing in Lab (graphical issue)

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
daniel34
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

[0.15.9] Productivity bar not showing in Lab (graphical issue)

Post by daniel34 »

After opening a lab and putting in productivity modules it doesn't show the productivity bar right away. Only after closing the lab and reopening it does it appear. This is purely a graphical issue, the productivity is still calculated correctly.

EDIT: Some people on Steam also report that the bar doesn't show up at all.

quick links: log file | graphical issues | wiki

Dimanper
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [0.15.9] Productivity bar not showing in Lab (graphical issue)

Post by Dimanper »

Wait, what? I don't even have any bars, with or without modules.
f5.png
f5.png (418.5 KiB) Viewed 6407 times

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

Ohh so bars were not removed by design?
On high graphics and FullHD res I have it same as Dimanper.

Dimanper
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Dimanper »

The graphics settings don't affect it to me, i just checked it on lower settings - still no bars. With any researches, only in labs.

TruePikachu
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by TruePikachu »

No bars here either, though I thought that was an intentional change.

makrom
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by makrom »

How did you even get that picture with the progress bar? I was wondering about the absence of these bars but assumed that labs now no longer have these progress units but rather contribute to the overall research progress with every tick.
I actually measured the effect of productivity modules and came to the conclusion that 2 T2 modules accellerate it by 12.6% instead of the expected 12% (6% * 2) or maybe 12.36% (1.06^2), but I assumed it will propably just be due to some benign rounding error or imprecise specification.

daniel34
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by daniel34 »

makrom wrote:How did you even get that picture with the progress bar? I was wondering about the absence of these bars but assumed that labs now no longer have these progress units but rather contribute to the overall research progress with every tick.
Don't know. For me the progress bar always shows when opening a lab on both my systems (i7 with AMD graphics running Win10, AMD Phenom with Nvidia graphics running Win7) on high and normal sprite settings and steam/non-steam installation.

TruePikachu
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by TruePikachu »

daniel34 wrote:
makrom wrote:How did you even get that picture with the progress bar? I was wondering about the absence of these bars but assumed that labs now no longer have these progress units but rather contribute to the overall research progress with every tick.
Don't know. For me the progress bar always shows when opening a lab on both my systems (i7 with AMD graphics running Win10, AMD Phenom with Nvidia graphics running Win7) on high and normal sprite settings and steam/non-steam installation.
And to confirm, just in case you have access to internal builds, this applies to the released 0.25.10?

daniel34
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by daniel34 »

TruePikachu wrote:
daniel34 wrote:
And to confirm, just in case you have access to internal builds, this applies to the released 0.25.10?
It's the released version straight from the website / steam, no special config or debug options.

EDIT: Extracted the zip from the website to a new folder, started Factorio and a new sandbox game. Placed down a lab and the progress bar was always visible. The productivity bar only according to what my first post mentions.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

Thanks for the report. This should be fixed for the next version of 0.15.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

lhtb
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by lhtb »

Hi,
I have a potentially related/already fixed issue with this, relating to the 'UI scale' setting in Options --> Graphics
imgur.com/ a/ oUZrT

With the 'system default (125%)' option selected i can see both bars, however if I choose to use the custom option instead with the slider bar, neither bar shows as for Dimanper above, even if I select the 125% option on the slider, which should be the same as the default option

Save attached
Attachments
.15.zip
(20.61 MiB) Downloaded 116 times

TreefrogGreaken
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by TreefrogGreaken »

Was this also fixed for the Electric Furnaces? Have the same issue as described but happens with the electric furnaces instead.

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”