[0.15.3] Can't type cyrillic in any locale on Linux

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
rkfg
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

[0.15.3] Can't type cyrillic in any locale on Linux

Post by rkfg »

This is a regression from 0.14. There's this bug but previously I replaced the font in the locale configs (from TitilliumWeb to DejaVuSans) and it was all ok. Now any non-ASCII chars just don't appear in any input field, including console. I was also able to write and see non-latin chars in the chat after switching the locale (without font hacks), now it doesn't help. I still can't type any cyrillic characters. Please make it like it was before, my friend plays on Windows and he can write in Russian just fine, I can also see what he types but I have to reply either in English or in translit and that's a pain.

rkfg
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: [0.15.3] Can't type cyrillic in any locale on Linux

Post by rkfg »

By the way, unicode input (cyrillic at least) works fine on Mac, tested just yesterday. So it's only Linux that's affected. Could anybody confirm that?

dmeranda
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by dmeranda »

I can confirm that this appears to be a 0.15 regression for Linux (Gnome).

Under 0.14.9 you can type using other keyboard layouts for other languages/scripts as well as use the Compose key sequences. However the default font used by Factorio does not contain Cyrillic glyphs, so they show up as spaces.

Under 0.15.9 it will simply not allow you to type non-Latin letters (the cursor won't move), nor will it allow compose key sequences to get accented Latin letters.

rkfg
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by rkfg »

Thank you, that's the exact behavior I'm observing as well. Probably that's a change in the engine itself (Allegro).

Oxyd
Former Staff
Former Staff

Post by Oxyd »

Thanks, should be fixed in 0.15.12.

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”