Crash with blueprint book MP interaction on: "BlueprintBookHeader::getRealLabel"

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
cybersteel8
Inserter
Inserter

Crash with blueprint book MP interaction on: "BlueprintBookHeader::getRealLabel"

Post by cybersteel8 »

My mate and I were messing around with the new blueprint section and managed to cause desyncs and crashes. Here are our crash logs.
Attachments
factorio-current.log
(262.38 KiB) Downloaded 116 times
blueprint book bug.log
(22.17 KiB) Downloaded 98 times

CarolinaGuy
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Blueprint book multiplayer interaction crash

Post by CarolinaGuy »

I just encountered the same issue.

Situation: Was in multiplayer playing with new blueprint screen, saved another players blueprint book to my inventory. I had moved a blue print that was in the book, out of the book into my inventory and then I right clicked the empty book to rename it. Unable to recreate the issue as the Game crashed, and I've been getting issues reconnecting to the server. Only I have issues connecting, other two players have no issues.

Attempts to solve:
1) Server restart did not change situation.
2) joining single player game then trying to connect to server did not change situation.
3) downloaded the save file, tried to open it in single player, did not change situation.
4) delete attached below save file and reverted to earlier autosave. worked as intended.

Server Log, Local Log and Save File attached.
Attachments
_autosave3.zip
(3.72 MiB) Downloaded 106 times
factorio-current_Server.log
(18.86 KiB) Downloaded 113 times
factorio-current_Local.log
(9.1 KiB) Downloaded 98 times

clusterfack
Inserter
Inserter

[0.15.2] Crash on connecting to multiplayer (blueprints)

Post by clusterfack »

Here is the current-log
http://puu.sh/vwqhC/8ac278b9ca.log

The crash first occurred when opening the blueprints menu with 'B'. Reconnecting to the same server causes the same crash immediately on connection.

Occurs on 0.15.2
No mods were used.
Default settings on fresh zip file.

demodude4u
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: Crash with blueprint book MP interaction on: "BlueprintBookHeader::getRealLabel"

Post by demodude4u »

Just leaving a note here that I still have the same crash in 0.15.2.

Linux_user404
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [0.15.2] Crash on connecting to multiplayer (blueprints)

Post by Linux_user404 »

I think I have the same bug(my description would be exactly the same) on a different platform. I was able to reconnect to the server after some time though, so it might be related to some players and their blueprints present on the server when blueprint window gets open with "B"(or it is already open when you reconnect). It seemed that not all the players get crashed, so I was wondering if it was system/OS specific. I am running Linux and my setup looks quite different from the post above, so I hope my log will be helpful.

P.S. Same thing was happening in 15.1 and I read the 15.2 update and thought it was fixed(some crash due to blueprints sound very similar). Still present in 15.2.
Attachments
factorio-previous.log
(9.12 KiB) Downloaded 104 times

leadmax
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

{15.2] crash on server join

Post by leadmax »

When i join my friends server my client crashes after downloading the map.
Attachments
factorio-current.log
(9.64 KiB) Downloaded 108 times

clusterfack
Inserter
Inserter

Re: Crash with blueprint book MP interaction on: "BlueprintBookHeader::getRealLabel"

Post by clusterfack »

A workaround I've found is to join as an entirely new player by changing your name and joining the server. Since the server does some serverside saving of information based on your character name you'll start with a new character but you can join sucessfully.

posila
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by posila »

Hi, thanks for all the reports.
I believe this is fixed in 0.15.6. Please let us know if you get more crashes in current version.

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”