[0.10.0] Turrets with ammo stop firing at biters

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
undeadnightorc
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

[0.10.0] Turrets with ammo stop firing at biters

Post by undeadnightorc »

Loaded up a .9.8 save file and was playing it for a few minutes. Biters went to attack my wall. I have gun turrets positioned there and the turrets begin firing for a few seconds then stopped.

The turrets were not out of ammo, yet the surviving biters kept attacking the wall. When I placed down a new turret with ammo *that* turret began firing at the biters.

Here is the link for the save file. Sorry about using mediafire, I didn't know where else to upload a 6mb file.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/nzerc ... bugbug.zip

billw
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: [0.10.0] Turrets with ammo stop firing at biters

Post by billw »

Yeah I got the same problem. They start shooting again when I start shooting...

Marconos
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Marconos »

Same issue here. I have also noticed at time my sub machine gun just won't fire at the biters. Not sure if it's related or not.

eurypterus
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by eurypterus »

I have noticed this too. I can upload a save if needed, but it seems to be a widespread, easily replicated bug. Kinda defeats the purpose of using a turret for defense if you need to run over and prod them into firing.

Does anyone have a work around? Space the walls further away? Do lasers suffer from the same issue?

billw
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by billw »

No lasers don't function properly either. I have given up for now as having to constantly run to defend my walls is annoying. Please patch soon!

DanGio
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by DanGio »

Phew, I was afraid it would be - it was ? sorry - a new gameplay feature that I didn't notice in the changelog, like, "turret can't no longer aim through walls". Aaaarghh !! :shock:

Glad to see it's a bug :)

EDIT : Got the issue with ammo turret in a newly created 0.10 map, didn't get to lasers yet.

Kazuar
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Kazuar »

I wanted to use my chance here and say I experience the same issue, mostly to bump this topic and increase it's visibility (I'm annoying like that ;) )

One a more serious note, I've lost my game yesterday when turrets refused to shoot the 15-18 small biters as they were killing me. Dying to small biters is very humiliating, being humiliated by a bug is very annoying, so i'll be returning to 0.9.8 until this is fixed.

*checks the "Notify me when a reply is posted" box, and trustingly waits for good news*

:)
[Note: I'm actually sorry if my posts come off as rude; english is not my native language, and I'm not aware of all it's nuances. Please do point out my misadoptions in tone!]

Drizzt321
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Drizzt321 »

I've seen this a bit. More with newly placed turrets (in a new 0.10.0 game). If I'm going after a small biter nest, when I place a gun turret and biter/worms are near enough for it to target, it swivels, but then after I put in ammo it doesn't fire until what it is targeting is dead. Then the next target it starts to fire.

Rahjital
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Rahjital »

It seems to affect all kinds of turrets, including worms. I have just merrily made circles around an enemy base in my car until I accidentally crashed into one of the nests, at which point the worms finally woke up and buried me under a ton of acid.

Rallehop
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Rallehop »

Oh well, i guess we have to wait and see, i had so much trouble with this bug that i litteraly made tons of AP mags and hunted down like 7 nests just to stop the attacks.

slpwnd
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by slpwnd »

Thanks for the report guys. This is an annoying bug indeed. It was caused by some (very weird) internal precision errors when the turret wouldn't "turn completely" to shoot at the biters. This is now fixed for 0.10.1. I have tested it on the OP save.

However I couldn't reproduce this error myself outside of that save, because it depends on particular situation and position of turrets vs. biters. So if someone else could post a save where the turrets are not shooting when they should be, that would be helpful. Just to double check. We have logically deduced that the fix will be correct (and tested it on the OP save), but one is never sure :D

eurypterus
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by eurypterus »

Here is my save, the biters get caught up on the left side turret emplacements.

https://mega.co.nz/#!Rd0glCLR!Q7SS4cKKi ... qauHDCjrm8

Drizzt321
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Drizzt321 »

Sweet! Glad to hear there's a fix for this in the next patch.

Billbock
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Billbock »

Do you still need more save to test?

MrTCSmith
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by MrTCSmith »

Here is a simple save where this is happening. I'm trying to push to the west to the copper but the turrets stop firing even though they have ammo.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/i641fdslhwnx96z/save3.zip

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”