[0.14.21] Selection window closes on GUI change

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
daniel34
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

[0.14.21] Selection window closes on GUI change

Post by daniel34 »

When a player has a selection window open (e.g. choose item for logistic request, set filter in toolbar, select train station from list, ...) and a mod hides/shows the minimap or he uses a console command like /c game.player.minimap_enabled = false then the selection window (and only that, not the entity/parent window itself) closes.

In singleplayer this is negligible, but this also happens in multiplayer and closes all selection windows any player has open when only one player shows/hides the minimap. In my mod this happens quite often as the minimap will be shown/hidden for a player whenever he selects/deselects a logistics chest.

Parameters that are affected are LuaPlayer.minimap_enabled and all of the LuaPlayer.game_view_settings parameters (technology, toolbar, ...).
quick links: log file | graphical issues | wiki

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.14.21] Selection window closes on GUI change

Post by Rseding91 »

Fixed for 0.15.

It will still reset for the player whos minimap changes but that's just due to how the entire GUI system works. We don't persist any state about the GUI in the save other than "they had X GUI open" where X is the major GUI - "assembling machine", "production stats" and so on.

When some state about the GUI is changed it's destroyed and rebuilt using the known information from the game state so the main GUI is re-created but the state it was in and any popup GUIs are lost.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”