[Resloved 0.2.10] Steel Research Crash

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
FreeER
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

[Resloved 0.2.10] Steel Research Crash

Post by FreeER »

Loaded my save game from 2.8 and after looking around in the data files for why i can't mine labs noticed the migration.lua so of course i went into my game and clicked on the steel research...factorio crashed
<I'm really not active any more so these may not be up to date>
~FreeER=Factorio Modding
- Factorio Wiki
- My Factorio Modding Guide
- Wiki Modding Guide
Feel free to pm me :)
Or drop into #factorio on irc.esper.net

vel-master
Inserter
Inserter

Re: 2.9 Steel Research Crash

Post by vel-master »

I also found that furnances reject to smelt steel plates to steel frames.

Heinrich
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: 2.9 Steel Research Crash

Post by Heinrich »

I expirienced the same, looks like the 2.9. version is not downwards compatible. It works with a fresh game however.

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [Resloved 0.2.10] Steel Research Crash

Post by kovarex »

Fixed for 0.2.10, sorry for the inconvenience.

vel-master
Inserter
Inserter

Post by vel-master »

on my saved game i learned all the science. but with a new patch when i load my save game I did not get new items to be prodused(such as splitters). I can get it only if I'll start new game and learn science from the beginning. Hope you'll fix it. It's absolutely terrible to rebuild my Hugest Factory again!

MF-
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by MF- »

Oh, that would be indeed important to fix.
Also it deserves a separate thread.

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

We don't want you to force to rebuild the factory for sure.
We made migration script, that should enable the splitter to be used when you have it already researched, I have no idea why it didn't work for you.
Could you please send me the savegame?

P.S. You can manually fix that by running this command in the console (open console by pressing ~, you can copy-paste it there)

Code: Select all

game.getplayer().force.getrecipes()["basic-splitter"].enable()

vel-master
Inserter
Inserter

Post by vel-master »

kovarex wrote:We don't want you to force to rebuild the factory for sure.
We made migration script, that should enable the splitter to be used when you have it already researched, I have no idea why it didn't work for you.

P.S. You can manually fix that by running this command in the console (open console by pressing ~, you can copy-paste it there)

That is my savegame. http://vel-master.ru/any/pics_for_mats/factorio/bus.rar I also can say that when my save game loaded i can not see splitter in science list when i shoose appropriate technology.
Last tutorials you was talking about nice factories which were made by factorio gamers. On my save I build the hugest factory which maybe ever been builded in factorio and i also builded the most compact factory for blue science pack. I'll be happy if you say somethink about my factory in the next tutorial or letsplay. I also think you can use my factory for some promoting videos because it's realy huge.

vel-master
Inserter
Inserter

Post by vel-master »

kovarex wrote: P.S. You can manually fix that by running this command in the console (open console by pressing ~, you can copy-paste it there)

This script does't help for me. nothing new appeared in my reciepe list.
Maybe next information will be userfull: I started this game as created in map editor scenario.

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

vel-master wrote:
kovarex wrote:We don't want you to force to rebuild the factory for sure.

That is my savegame. http://vel-master.ru/any/pics_for_mats/factorio/bus.rar I also can say that when my save game loaded i can not see splitter in science list when i shoose appropriate technology.
Last tutorials you was talking about nice factories which were made by factorio gamers. On my save I build the hugest factory which maybe ever been builded in factorio and i also builded the most compact factory for blue science pack. I'll be happy if you say somethink about my factory in the next tutorial or letsplay. I also think you can use my factory for some promoting videos because it's realy huge.
Hi, thank you for the save, it helped me to find the problem.
The problem was, that you didn't have control.lua in your directory, so our lua-based migrations didnt work.
Anyway, I just fixed the problem, so when I load the save with the 0.2.10 version, everything works (steel processing and splitter).

I took a look around your factory and I really couldn't believe, this is the hugest thing I ever saw by very very far margin, really impressive.
You have so many transport belts, that game update on my computer uses 64% of time.
This is great, now we have save that can be used for performance optimising :)

vel-master
Inserter
Inserter

Post by vel-master »

kovarex wrote:
Hi, thank you for the save, it helped me to find the problem.
The problem was, that you didn't have control.lua in your directory, so our lua-based migrations didnt work.
Anyway, I just fixed the problem, so when I load the save with the 0.2.10 version, everything works (steel processing and splitter).

I took a look around your factory and I really couldn't believe, this is the hugest thing I ever saw by very very far margin, really impressive.
You have so many transport belts, that game update on my computer uses 64% of time.
This is great, now we have save that can be used for performance optimising :)
I'm happy to be userfull.
I'll continue to work with my factory. I have my factory topic https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... ?f=8&t=173 I will update it sometime. I'll also upgade saves in my topic.

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”