[0.14.14] Label "SP pauses when res. compl." is missleading

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
AntiElitz
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

[0.14.14] Label "SP pauses when res. compl." is missleading

Post by AntiElitz »

The options label "Singleplayer game pauses when a reasearch is completed" is very missleading. I heared several people it my streams, thinking this option will prevent the game from pausing in Singleplayer when the research tab is open.
What is does tho is that is prevents the game from auto-opening the research tab after finishing a research, but still pauses it when opened manually.
Maybe the label could be renamed to "Technologies window does not automatically open after finishing a research in Singleplayer" to be more precise.

PS: An option to "prevent the game from pausing when opening the research window" whould be great as well tho ;)

roy7
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [0.14.14] Label "SP pauses when res. compl." is missleading

Post by roy7 »

AntiElite wrote:PS: An option to "prevent the game from pausing when opening the research window" whould be great as well tho ;)

The work around for that is just load your game as multiplayer instead of single player. :) Set a password or run it hidden if you don't want anyone joining you, but then research won't pause when window is open.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

This is something to be done on the translation website :)

Also that string is *way* too long. It should be short to fit with the other options and not a full sentence.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

AntiElitz
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by AntiElitz »

Rseding91 wrote:This is something to be done on the translation website :)

Also that string is *way* too long. It should be short to fit with the other options and not a full sentence.
You are right, but I couldn't think of a shorter one :( . However pretty much everybody got this option wrong when reading it the first time including myself.
How about "Technology window opens after finishing a research in Singleplayer" ? Still long, but at least a little shorter.

roy7 wrote:The work around for that is just load your game as multiplayer instead of single player. :) Set a password or run it hidden if you don't want anyone joining you, but then research won't pause when window is open.
True, this is what i currently use, but this prevents you from fast loading, etc.

Klonan
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Klonan »

AntiElite wrote:
Rseding91 wrote:This is something to be done on the translation website :)

You are right, but I couldn't think of a shorter one :( . However pretty much everybody got this option wrong when reading it the first time including myself.
How about "Technology window opens after finishing a research in Singleplayer" ? Still long, but at least a little shorter.

roy7 wrote:The work around for that is just load your game as multiplayer instead of single player. :) Set a password or run it hidden if you don't want anyone joining you, but then research won't pause when window is open.
True, this is what i currently use, but this prevents you from fast loading, etc.
I will fix the locale for 0.15

roy7
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by roy7 »

Perhaps just "Open Research after completion".

AntiElitz
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by AntiElitz »

roy7 wrote:Perhaps just "Open Research after completion".
i like that one, just misses the singleplayer thing

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”