Discrepancy auto-fueling vehicles

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
Biscuits
Inserter
Inserter

Discrepancy auto-fueling vehicles

Post by Biscuits »

Hey there fellow factorians!

I just built myself a drive through 'pit stop' for my tank, filling it up with shells and solid fuel.
Since I don't want my tank to get its entire inventory (trunk) filled automatically, I needed to limit the inventory part to be managed by machines (red cross), but for some reason there is no red cross for vehicles like there is for chests and cargo wagons.
So I then decided to set the filter for iron plates on every slot in the tank's trunk, preventing the machines from doing their job with too much enthusiasm and have them only filling up the tank's active fuel and ammo slots, not its entire inventory.
This method works fine with tank shells, ammo gets filled up to 100, but not for solid fuel. The inserters stop insering solid fuel when they reach 5 or 6, which is too little to carry out an extermination mission by tank. However, locomotives do get completely topped off when fueled automatically by inserters.
The funny thing is, when I set one of the slots in the tank's trunk to filter for solid fuel, the inserters DO fill up the tank's active fuel slots completely first, then fill up the filtered slot last, after which they refuse to fill up the active slots again with more than 5 or 6 solid fuel, until the filled up filtered slot in the tank's trunk is manually manipulated.
So eventually, I still have to manually move the fuel from the filtered slot in the tank's trunk to the active fuel slots to properly fill the tank with enough fuel to last an entire mission.
When all the slots in the tanks trunk are filtered for iron plates, the inserters only insert 5 or 6 solid fuel in the tanks active fuel slots and then stop inserting, while ammo gets topped off completely.
When one slot in the tanks trunk is filtered for solid fuel, now suddenly the tanks active fuel slots DO get completely filled up, but only as long as the filtered slot isnt full. The filtered slot gets filled up last, and when the filtered slot is completely filled up, the inserters will only insert 5 or 6 solid fuel in the tanks active fuel slots again.
Suggestions:
1. Add a red cross to limit the inventory part to be managed by machines to vehicles, just like cargo wagons,
and
2. Make it so vehicles get their active fuel slots filled up completely by machines, just like the locomotive.

I hope this can be fixed, thank you for reading!

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: Discrepancy auto-fueling vehicles

Post by Rseding91 »

The fuel amount should be fixed for 0.13.12.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Biscuits
Inserter
Inserter

Re: Discrepancy auto-fueling vehicles

Post by Biscuits »

Thanks!

As per usual, you guys are the best.

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”