[0.13.6] Walls block player movement

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
Biscuits
Inserter
Inserter

[0.13.6] Walls block player movement

Post by Biscuits »

Hey there people!

I installed the most recent version of Factorio yesterday and noticed many parts of my base have now become inaccessible due to the increased collision box on walls.

The decision to increase the collision box on walls was made to avoid the problem of players getting stuck every once in a while while placing a wall just below the feet of the character by clicking on exactly the right (wrong) couple of pixels.

I also had this little problem sometimes, but I just deleted the wall, moved my character a bit and placed the wall again. Very easy to do, not much hassle and the bug didn't occur often at all.

Related topic: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=28226

But now, after the 'fix', there are many spots in my base I can't access anymore.

Pipes running next to a wall will not allow a player to move past anymore due to the increased collision box. I have many such spots.

Unfortunately, The fix is much more annoying than the bug :(

Seeing the developers recently decreased the collision box on the large electric pole (to allow players to move inbetween accumulators and large poles, thus increasing accessibility), I can't imagine the current wall size is intended (since it restricts player movement much more).

Looking forward to a rollback on these changes (please!), or a proper fix :D

You guys are the best, I love Factorio!

Klonan
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.13.6] Walls block player movement

Post by Klonan »

Thanks for the report,

Can you provide some screenshots of the areas where the wall collision box change has affected the areas in which you can move?

Biscuits
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Biscuits »

Hey again! Sure thing.

I spent the larger part of today taking care of the more serious obstructions and finding workarounds, so most of them are pretty much cleaned up now. Still, the screenshots below should demonstrate what I mean.

The red lines and arrows mark the blocked areas which were accessible before the change. The dotted red lines mark corridors that have now become obsolete. The green lines and arrows mark areas that can be freely passed (click the link below each image for a larger version):

Screenshot 01(full)

Screenshot 02 (full)

Screenshot 03 (full)

Screenshot 04 (full)
Last edited by Biscuits on Thu Jul 07, 2016 10:14 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

Fixed for 0.13.7.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Biscuits
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Biscuits »

Neat!

You guys are doing a great job.

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”