[0.12.25] Save file not loading

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
snoekpannekoek
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[0.12.25] Save file not loading

Post by snoekpannekoek »

Every time I save a game which is over an hour or so long, I can't load it anymore.

This time I got this error. "Deserialization error, target with id 4266 doesn't exist"

I added my current.log and a screenshot in the attachments

Please help
Attachments
Schermopname (1).png
Schermopname (1).png (2.57 MiB) Viewed 7205 times
factorio-current.log
(20.37 KiB) Downloaded 125 times

Flassari
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: [0.12.25] Save file not loading

Post by Flassari »

I know what this is! Managed to reproduce 100%: Pick up damaged iron chest next to the two damaged turrets. Will instantly make your save corrupted. You will have to restart the level unfortunately, but whatever you do DO NOT PICK UP THAT CHEST!

oprex
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by oprex »

Thank you so much! This has been driving me crazy! I could kiss you! ;)

Anyway, glad I won't have this problem anymore. I'll leave the chest where it is.

Fix next patch?

SpiRe
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by SpiRe »

I can confirm the error. Here are also a corrupted savegames in that level to download.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/q1bmrfef3u7gs ... s.zip?dl=0

Nix
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Nix »

Hi, I have the same problem here... I picked up the chest and it corrupted all the following saves afterward.

Here's my corrupted save file.

http://www.filedropper.com/save9

And this is the error I get in the log file:
79.979 Info Scenario.cpp:124: Map version 0.12.25-0
80.028 Warning UnitGroup.cpp:246: UnitGroup::removeMember internal state error, member is not linked.

Thanks!

kitt104
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by kitt104 »

I think this may be the same issue?

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=20884

TN_Creator
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Corrupted save: deserialisation error

Post by TN_Creator »

Merged with existing Bug report.
-- daniel34

Hi,

I can't open my save anymore, I get an error : "Deserialisation error, target with id 3512 doesn't exist"
the 3 autosaves give the same message with different target IDs.
the savegame is here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/eax2shurqfyt32t/ced.zip?dl=0

the logs says:
1094.455 Loading map C:/Users\ced\AppData\Roaming\Factorio\saves\ced.zip
1094.544 Info Scenario.cpp:124: Map version 0.12.25-0
1094.583 Warning UnitGroup.cpp:246: UnitGroup::removeMember internal state error, member is not linked.
I play without any mods, with steam.

thanks!

EDIT: well this is the same problem as viewtopic.php?f=7&t=20865 , i did pick the damaged chest.

TN_Creator
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by TN_Creator »

thanks for the info, I was getting really mad after two lost saves.

Lohengramm
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [0.10.0] Deserialization error

Post by Lohengramm »

Moved post to recent Bug report
-- daniel34

This just happened to me during the 2nd stage of the campaign. I was researching automated railways and my game crashed to desktop, then my 2 hour old save file no longer loads with the "Deserialization error". This is on the current Steam release 0.12.25. I love the game so far, but I guess I'm not touching it again until it is out of Early Access. Losing 2 hours of my life to a bug is unacceptable.

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

I'm sorry for this, it is caused by my ignorant change for 0.12.24 that corrupted this particular level. It is fixed for 0.12.26 that will come as soon as possible.

But the saves that are already corrupted are not repairable, I'm sorry for that.

Lohengramm
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Lohengramm »

kovarex wrote:I'm sorry for this, it is caused by my ignorant change for 0.12.24 that corrupted this particular level. It is fixed for 0.12.26 that will come as soon as possible.

But the saves that are already corrupted are not repairable, I'm sorry for that.
I've changed my mind :) I'll keep playing and reporting bugs as I find them. I wasn't sure anyone would actually respond to my feedback (new to the community), but your extremely quick response has convinced me this WAS worth the time I lost if it means the game will get better as a result.

vehementi
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by vehementi »

Can you confirm it is because of that chest?

Oh man this completely ruins my campaign save :/
Last edited by vehementi on Sat Mar 05, 2016 9:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

vehementi wrote:Can you confirm it is because of that chest?
Whenever some damaged entity owned by the player mined/destroyed the game starts to be corrupted, so yes, chest is one of the possibilities, or any wall etc.
This only applies to this single level, so it could be worse

Nix
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Nix »

@Kovarex : Ok thanks for the answer, it's really appreciated! :) I have a save game at the beginning of the level so it's not a problem for me and I'll save more often. I'm glad we could help and prevent further save game corruptions. Have a great day!!

Edited: If anyone want a save game at the beginning of this level, you can take my save game : http://www.filedropper.com/save7

ppetak
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by ppetak »

Tried today on 0.12.25, my saves were also corrupted with deserialization error. So I tried to load last good save (like 10 minutes after level starts :/ ), then save again several times. Then pickup the evil chest, and saved again. Every save made before chest is picked up is OK. Every save after chest pickup is corrupted. So it seems the chest is culprit in this level. You can try for yourself, add some (hiiiigh) number of autosaves, but unless the game will check if save is loadable right after save was made (which is good idea, isn't it) you cannot fight this kind of problems, and can lost some game time.

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

ppetak wrote:Tried today on 0.12.25, my saves were also corrupted with deserialization error. So I tried to load last good save (like 10 minutes after level starts :/ ), then save again several times. Then pickup the evil chest, and saved again. Every save made before chest is picked up is OK. Every save after chest pickup is corrupted. So it seems the chest is culprit in this level. You can try for yourself, add some (hiiiigh) number of autosaves, but unless the game will check if save is loadable right after save was made (which is good idea, isn't it) you cannot fight this kind of problems, and can lost some game time.
You can try in 0.12.26 now, it should be fine.

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”