[0.8.6] Linux doesn't show text

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
Ilnore
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: [0.8.6] Linux doesn't show text

Post by Ilnore »

Just got interested in this game and tried the demo, but alas, am sad to report that I'm getting this exact same problem. Only random letters here and there, some menu screens totally void of text.

Demo version 0.98/x64, Ubuntu 12.04, AMD HD5750 graphics adapter, AMD proprietary Catalyst drivers 13.12. Also getting those libpng errors on the terminal. libpng12-0 version 1.2.46-3ubuntu4.
timorl wrote:Just to add some info -- upgrading to ati drivers 14.3 (most likely any 14 would work) from 13.12 seems to fix the problem. Now I can play the demo and finally seriously consider buying the game, yay!
Catalyst 14.3 is tagged "beta" on the AMD drivers site, and I'm a bit wary, as I like to keep things working smoothly - and they do work very well right now for everything else except for this game. timorl, have you had any problems with those drivers?

Ilnore
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Ilnore »

Ah, never mind. Updated the drivers after a bit of googling to 14.4 "beta" from AMD. Works now. Also seems to have fixed some (unrelated to Factorio) screen tearing / v-sync issues I was having with the 13-branch drivers previously.

timorl
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by timorl »

Actually, I now do have some problems with 14.3 -- everything got terribly pixelated in CKII. I hope a non-beta relase will fix this, but it doesn't bother me that much.

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

We have updated to allegro 5.1.8, that should have solved the glyph problems (not verified), so I move this to resolve to next release.

Anyone who has still the problems with the text can pm me, and I can send him testing library, so he can check if it helps.

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”