[0.8.4] ESC prevents next level on complete screen

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
lordjoda
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[0.8.4] ESC prevents next level on complete screen

Post by lordjoda »

When you complete a level, and see the screen continue to next or go to main menu (I think that's what it sais^^) and you press ESC (to save as I wanted^^) you cannot go to the next level anymore, as you cannot go back to the game. You can only load or quit the game at this point.
I'm a german Let's Player. If you like have a look at https://www.youtube.com/user/MightyPiratesLP

Nova
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [8.0.4] ESC prevents next level on complete screen

Post by Nova »

I'm not sure, but can you go into the mission menu and just select the next mission?
Greetings, Nova.
Factorio is one of the greatest games I ever played, with one of the best developers I ever heard of.

lordjoda
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by lordjoda »

As (at least) I can only select the first mission in the mission menu.. nope
I'm a german Let's Player. If you like have a look at https://www.youtube.com/user/MightyPiratesLP

Nova
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Nova »

I can't fix this bug, but I can say you a way to activate the next mission:
Go into the factorio directory and open the file player-data.json with a text editor (notepad or something similar). Now you see something like this:

Code: Select all

{
    "available-campaign-levels":
    {
        "beta":
        {
            "level-01": "hard"
        },
        "demo":
        {
            "level-01": "hard",
            "level-02": "hard",
            "level-03": "hard"
        }

[...]
Now you have to add this line inside the "beta" section inside the braces and add a comma after the first entry. This will unlock the second mission for every difficulty. ("easy" would unlock it only for easy difficulty and "normal" only for easy and normal difficulty.)

Code: Select all

"level-02": "hard"
Greetings, Nova.
Factorio is one of the greatest games I ever played, with one of the best developers I ever heard of.

lordjoda
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by lordjoda »

well it's not really a problem for the auto save was 5 minutes before the end.. but it's more a "it shouldn't be this way" thingi^^

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

Ok, so the escape will do nothing in the finished game window, it didn't make any sense.
Fixed for 0.8.5
P.S. Edited the title from 8.0.4 to 0.8.4, we don't have version 8 yet :)

SilverWarior
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [0.8.4] ESC prevents next level on complete screen

Post by SilverWarior »

I would gues the problem is in games logic. It would seem that game only saves information about player finishing level after player clicks on "next level" or "got to main menu" buttons.
I think that correct behavior would be that game saves information about player finishing certain level as soon as victory conditions are met. You could then even alow player to continue playing the current mission (give him a chance to eradicate all those aliens :D )

lordjoda
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by lordjoda »

kovarex wrote: P.S. Edited the title from 8.0.4 to 0.8.4, we don't have version 8 yet :)
Ups ;)
ah end as I was looking at the worng screen I can of course select a new mission ( I must admit I can not guarantee if the next is selectable or not but that shouldn't be a issue in the next version)

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”