Mods folder changed no notice?

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
midnight109
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Mods folder changed no notice?

Post by midnight109 »

I installed the new version, my mod vanished. Figured was a change in the code but after some exploration, the normal users\username\appdata dir seems to not be used anymore on my box, now all the mods, configs, saves, temps, stored in Program Files dir instead, not sure if a bug or intentional figure I would bring it out.
Running Windows7x64 Ultimate

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: Mods folder changed no notice?

Post by kovarex »

What version did you install? The zip or installer or updated?

Wardiaper
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Wardiaper »

I have a mod folder question and this looked like the right thread - scenario pack.

I started brand new by uninstalling the last version I had installed (forget which number but I think 0.6.4). I installed 0.7.1 version of the game with the 32-bit installer, unzipped the scenario pack to my "d:/program/factorio/mods" folder and it shows up in game under mods as enabled, but all that is available when starting a new campaign are "base/first steps" and "base/New Hope." Under "custom scenario" all that is available is "base/freeplay" and "base/sandbox," which both just take me to the map generator.

It's been a while since I last played factorio so not sure if install locations have changed? I found the wiki and it looks like I installed it correctly?

Thanks

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

Hello, thank you for the report.
The problem is (was), when the folder has different name than "scenario-pack", and the folder in the zipped package had name scenario-pack_0.7.1.

So I did re-upload the zip package with the correct name inside.

Here are the solutions you can apply:
1) rename the directory manualy to scenario-pack
2) Delete the directory and start the game, the auto updater should provide it to you automatically (this is the only way we tested during the release to be honest)
3) Delete the directory and download and unpack the package again.

Wardiaper
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Wardiaper »

Thank you! Worked perfectly renaming the folder.

But most of all, thank you for this great game. Nothing else like it and hope it really does well on steam.

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”