[0.12.1 - minor] MP - Repairing line of items stutters

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
jeroon
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

[0.12.1 - minor] MP - Repairing line of items stutters

Post by jeroon »

Repairing a line of items in MP, while running and keeping the mouse pressed, makes the screen skip back and forth. I use this a lot for repairing walls, in SP you can use the repair tool and run along the wall, the player will stop when something is damaged and continue running when it's repaired.

Something similar, picking up a line of items in MP was leaving some items standing in 0.11, and this seems to be fixed in 0.12.

Tallinu
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [0.12.1 - minor] MP - Repairing line of items stutters

Post by Tallinu »

In my experience, you still get everything repaired, even with the visual stuttering. Are you having it actually skip over and leave damaged walls behind?

It's a massive improvement over 0.11, and as long as the end result is a fully repaired wall, I'm willing to accept the stuttering. Still, I'm sure this would be on their "nice to have" list.

jeroon
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by jeroon »

You're right, it gets repaired, and it is a big improvement over 0.11, that's the reason I put "minor" in the title. I made the post because I really don't want the game to be the cause of epileptic seizures ;)

slpwnd
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by slpwnd »

jeroon wrote:You're right, it gets repaired, and it is a big improvement over 0.11, that's the reason I put "minor" in the title. I made the post because I really don't want the game to be the cause of epileptic seizures ;)
This is an issue with latency hiding. I also consider it a minor issue, nevertheless I have added it to our internal todo list.

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”