[1.1.60] No path message on cargo wagon instead of locomotive

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
ickputzdirwech
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

[1.1.60] No path message on cargo wagon instead of locomotive

Post by ickputzdirwech »

I was messing around with trains today and I discovered the following weird behaviours:

1. When a train is pushed, the "no path" message appears on the first cargo waggon and not the locomotive.

2. The F4 show-train-no-path-details message returns an invalid train in this case.

3. When I try to rotate the locomotive (which is not possible) the train still tries to re-path.
Attachments
No path.png
No path.png (1.37 MiB) Viewed 784 times
Mods: Shortcuts for 1.1, ick's Sea Block, ick's vanilla tweaks
Tools: Atom language pack
Text quickly seems cold and unfriendly. Be careful how you write and interpret what others have written.
- A reminder for me and all who read what I write

boskid
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [1.1.60] No path message on cargo wagon instead of locomotive

Post by boskid »

1 is debatable if its correct or wrong. As of right now it is implemented to draw over front rolling stock, not over first front mover. There are some weird corner cases if you change Train into automatic when a train has no locomotives (possible by changing LuaTrain::manual_mode into false on a train obtained from an alone cargo wagon). I am not considering this to be strictly a bug.

2 indeed is a bug which is now fixed for 1.1.61. There will be no changelog record for this as it is a debug stuff, not expected to be used by players in most cases.

3 is acceptable simplification and i do not care about this case.

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”