[0.10.12] Deconstructing a belt exit or inserter

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
Boogieman14
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

[0.10.12] Deconstructing a belt exit or inserter

Post by Boogieman14 »

When you deconstruct a belt exit while the belt entry is still receiving input, this will keep the drones busy for a looooong time while they try to clear the exit of any items stored inside :)

*edit*

A possibly related issue I noticed today: when you deconstruct an inserter, first a bot will take away whatever that inserter is holding. If there's still a source for the inserter to pick something new up from (like a chest), it will do so. Especially fun if that chest happens to be a requester :lol:
Last edited by Boogieman14 on Sun Oct 19, 2014 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I don't have OCD, I have CDO. It's the same, but with the letters in the correct order.

HeilTec
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [0.10.12] Deconstructing a belt exit

Post by HeilTec »

This might be considered a feature allowing the use of construction robots in logistic services. :P ;)
Google is my friend. Searching the forum and the wiki is always a first.

_aD
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [0.10.12] Deconstructing a belt exit

Post by _aD »

I noticed this bug last night as well; with Express Belts it will keep the construction bots busy as long as there's supply. I assume that they should "stop", like belts do, when painted with a deconstruction template. I'm glad you reported it so jeroon doesn't blame me again! I also find that the hitbox for selecting underground belts is very small, rather than the entire square they occupy.

Boogieman14
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [0.10.12] Deconstructing a belt exit or inserter

Post by Boogieman14 »

Edited a new observation about inserters into the starting post....
I don't have OCD, I have CDO. It's the same, but with the letters in the correct order.

HeilTec
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by HeilTec »

Boogieman14 wrote:...*edit*... If there's still a source for the inserter to pick something new up from (like a chest), it will do so. ...
That should be regarded a bug. Entities with a pending deconstruction order should be disabled.
Google is my friend. Searching the forum and the wiki is always a first.

Boogieman14
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Boogieman14 »

On the inserter issue, it's probably relevant that the chest didn't have a deconstruction order on it yet (not sure if this is obvious, but when reproducing it makes most sense to apply deconstruction orders to both at the same time, and that won't demonstrate the issue)

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

Thank you for the report, it is now fixed for 0.11.6

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”