[Rseding91] [0.14.14] Train stuck in between chain signals (due to rerouting?)

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
HactarCE
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [Rseding91] [0.14.14] Train stuck in between chain signals (due to rerouting?)

Post by HactarCE »

Zavian wrote:Personally I consider disabling stations whilst trains are en-route to them to be a case of shooting yourself in the foot. If that is causing you problems then don't disable stations whilst trains are en-route.
Many advanced train systems rely on enabling and disabling stations as materials come and go. For example, one might have several stations named "Iron Dropoff" and only enable one when it gets low on iron plates.

Zanostra
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: [Rseding91] [0.14.14] Train stuck in between chain signals (due to rerouting?)

Post by Zanostra »

stuck train.jpg
stuck train.jpg (383.54 KiB) Viewed 1329 times
This is what happens often in my factory.
I saved my game and waited for it, now I have a savegame where this happens 17 seconds after loading.
And I think this is quite self explaining, and I don't know if there is better signaling possible for this spot.
The train didn't yet come to a complete stop when this green signal became green.
So it decided to move on to the empty space when it suddenly thinks, no, the blocked space is more fun.
Now I don't understand, I saw that he rerouted after passing the signal from the free track to the blocked track, why?
At this moment no rails were placed, no station names were changed and the only stations being (de)activated by the circuit network ( or at all ) are not his destination.
His destination is just 20 steps to the right btw.
I'm currently in version 0.15.37.
So I'm afraid it wasn't solved in 0.15.27.
I also lost a few cargo wagons in 3 train wrecks, so I think it happens on roundabouts and junctions too, but this is the best spot to sit and wait.
the savegame is too big to upload here, where can I send it?

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Loewchen »

Zanostra wrote: the savegame is too big to upload here, where can I send it?
Read the How to report a Bug topic. Post in this topic: 53773 or make a new one, this topic is closed. Any collision issue is unrelated.

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”